Never a year like 2005 for disasters

by Bonnie_Clyde 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

That's what the speaker said today. He spent a lot of time on Hurricane Katrina and other disasters. Quoted Luke 21:11, "And there will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another pestilences and food shortages, and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs." The latter part of the scripture referred to the hurricanes. He stated that never before in history has it been as bad as it was in 2005.

Interestingly, I saw on the history channel that the year 1816 had a tremendous amount of hurricanes.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I would agree that 2005 has been a year out of the normal

• nowisee
    nowisee

read in the newspaper today that out of the ten most distructive hurricanes in the last 100 years, seven have taken place since 2004.

gives one pause.

• These3Words
    These3Words

In the 18 years I was in the cult, the world was supose to end 2 times. I lived through both uneventfull events.Ha Ha. Just another scare tactic to get your attention, kind of like they know something you don't?

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

This year's Atlantic Hurricane season was record breaking by way of named storms.
    That said however, the number of disaster's overall has not increased. It was noticeable this year because they happened to popuated areas. So the number of people affected is bigger. It is one of the 'curses' of an expanding population. We are moving into areas that have historically been hit with severe weather and not taking proper precautions to protect the population.
    I took a position as a Disaster Manager in April, and its been a helluva wild ride so far. I am just hoping for a quiet December so I can catch my breath. That said however, two years in a row Dec 26th has been a BAD DAY. (Tsunami, BAM - Iran Earthquake). Knocking on wood that I am not 'acting like a prophet'
    Uzzah

• jstalin
    jstalin
    He stated that never before in history has it been as bad as it was in 2005.

That's the problem with subjective, anecdotal evidence. It's his opinion, nothing more. Not exactly something folks should be betting their faith on. But then again, I guess faith itself is essentially anecdotal and experiential.

• metatron
    metatron

He's a fool and a liar.

There are countless years vastly worse than 2005, such as during the '60's when the Vietnam war was raging and nuclear

war was a hair trigger away , together with assassinations.

metatron

• Bryan
    Bryan

There were 23 hurricane strikes in the 1940s. Why didn't the come then?... it was a record at the time.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit