For "Leftbehind"

by FreeWilly 1 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Hi Leftbehind and welcome to the board! You've made quite a splash and probably received a few harsh replies (including mine). Despite my honest reply, I'm glad you've stuck around. You appear deeply and sincerely troubled by your family members exit from the Watchtower Society, and the kingdom hall. The answers you seek can be found here as long as you show people the same respect you would like shown to you. Please understand the I, and I suspect most people here, are quite content if people remain JW's. If, after thoroughly researching matters, someone finds that this is the best religion for them, then that's great. (if I may speak for all of us) We do take issue with the Society forbidding a thorough investigation of ALL aspects of this human organization. You will have a hard time getting most of us to unlearn what we've come to know through research. I doubt you will ever get someone to succumb to the level of control and manipulation that was once exerted on our lives.

The key is understanding. As you try to understand the underlying issues that may have affected you family member's exit, also take this time to understand your own situation. Are there things in your mind you will never question? Are there possibilities to uncomfortable for you to entertain? Let's say for the sake of discussion that there are some people who can not even entertain the possibility that the organization or system of worship they belong to might be unhealthy. Let's also say that these same people have had it reinforced over and over to be immediately suspicious of anyone or anything that poses a threat to this authority. And let’s say this loyalty is so strong that even unflattering comments trigger a personal and sometimes emotion response similar to a malicious insult leveled at a close relative. How would people who think and act this way have faired when Israelite judges, kings and priests became wayward? How would these people have managed when Jesus taught what was considered an apostate version of Judaism? How would these same people fare if they belong to any one of the numerous churches today? Is it reasonable to think that people who are so adamantly sure of their organization would follow it even if it led them off course?

I'm not going to bring up any faults or scandals of the Watchtower Society. I'm sure you are capable of investigating those issues on your own. I would like to bring up a few things that, if the Society took a wayward course, would make those who follow it extremely vulnerable to follow this wayward course.

These are a few things that could make someone vulnerable:

Vigorously reject all arguments against the Society's authority. Do you see how the Society is so emphatic about never entertaining or researching anything that "undermines" their authority? Can you recall any Human representative or organization in the Bible that so emphatically and jealously guarded their human authority? Can you see how, if successful with this teaching, the Society could maintain a loyal following, without questioning, even if they were to stray?

The Watchtower Society is the ONLY reliable source of information.

Think about it

If a Television program features a report that is unflattering of the Watchtower Society, what is the typical response? Isn't it something along the lines of "Satan is using the media to mislead the world"?

If a Scientist publishes material that goes contrary to a theory the Society holds dear what is the response? Isn't it considered "Worldly wisdom that shows not faith in Jehovah or his written word"?

If a Theological scholar comes to conclusion contrary to the Society isn't the response something along the lines of "Satan has blinded the eyes of the unbelievers"?

If a former JW dares to speak out against the Society, isn't it "they are beating their former masters" or "returning to their own vomit"?

Can you think of any source outside of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society that is considered valid? Do you see how this might leave a person vulnerable to the possibility of manipulation?

The Watchtower Society is Gods mouthpiece. Can you see how this essentially gives the organization authority equal to that of God himself? If this is to be believed, than nothing they say should be disobeyed, questioned or spoken against. Do you see how this could leave a person vulnerable if the Society went astray? Most of the New Testament is speaks about the Society

When you examine all of the books written by the Society, isn't it odd that nearly everything has secondary, "modern day fulfillment" or meaning that supposedly applies the the Society?

Re-read the "Greatest Man" book and notice how many times parables and prophecies are interpreted to apply to themselves.

Notice how many times the Society applies a dual meaning to scriptures. For example Daniel 4:24 shows the prophet Daniel giving a clear interpretation, meaning, and application to Nebuchadnezzar’s dream. Yet the Society manages to extract an alternate interpretation that apparently escaped the notice of Jesus, his Apostles and other Bible writers.

Doesn't that strike you as odd?

Only the New World Translation is accurate.

Can you see how convenient the New World Translation would be for supporting Watchtower teachings? The entire World is wrong, but the Society is right Does it make sense that God will need to kill 99.9% of his children ?

Avoid former members and what they might say like the plague!

Perhaps just another tool to keep members inside the bubble?

Just try to think about these things and ask yourself if this "arrangement" places an awful amount of trust in other people.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Bump for Leftbehind ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit