'a great crowd, which no man was able to number'

by cyberdyne systems 101 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Unless of course your the 'faithful and descreet slave', talking of the fds, how come they use this parable (of the faithful slave) to say they are it when the next few verses shows you can be an evil slave too, showing it is about your attitude, rather than a specific person or people?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    how come they use this parable (of the faithful slave) to say they are it when the next few verses shows you can be an evil slave too, showing it is about your attitude, rather than a specific person or people?

Because it would spoil a good story!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    how come they use this parable (of the faithful slave) to say they are it when the next few verses shows you can be an evil slave too, showing it is about your attitude, rather than a specific person or people?

I'm sure they would welcome any other scriptures you can provide that would enable them to gain control over more people than the 6 million they already own.

• Justin
    Justin

Yes, I think it's important to realize that in the parable there is only the one slave who may turn out to be good or evil - either one was a possibility. I know I realized this before I left the dubs, and came to the conclusion that the prophecy had been fulfilled by the slave's becoming evil!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome CdS101,

I'm not sure I understand the relationship between the title of your thread and your initial post. Anyway, you might be interested in reading the following threads:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/67457/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/96705/1.ashx

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Unless of course your the 'faithful and descreet slave', talking of the fds, how come they use this parable (of the faithful slave) to say they are it when the next few verses shows you can be an evil slave too, showing it is about your attitude, rather than a specific person or people?

How the WTS came up with that story was so puzzling to me until recently. But I came across this tidbit from the Nov. 1 1944 Watchtower, p. 331:

Fulfilled prophecies make it certain that Jehovah’s Theocratic Servant Christ Jesus came to the temple in 1918. Then he entered into judgment with the consecrated servants of Jehovah. He did so in order to determine who of them should be retained in God’s service and be constituted and organized as His "faithful and wise servant" class to do the evangelistic work thenceforth...

Page 332 elaborates further:

The judgment tests which he then and there applied separated out from Jehovah’s professed servants an "evil servant" class, which followed after man-worship, selfish ambitions, and self-righteousness, and which aimed after the control of the governing body.

On the other hand (p.332),

A remnant manifested purity of heart and devotion to the Lord God and to his Theocratic organization and the interests of his kingdom. This faithful remnant was approved under the judgment trial, and Christ Jesus the King gathered them unto unity with himself at the temple. He adjudged these faithful anointed servants of Jehovah God to be the "faithful and wise servant" class under himself as Head. To them he committed the interests of the Kingdom. That is, he laid upon them the duty and privilege to carry on the evangelistic work as Jehovah’s witnesses in ’preaching the evangel of the kingdom in all the habitable earth for a witness to all the nations’. This they must do, down to the battle of Armageddon, when the Kingdom will destroy all the enemies of The Theocracy and then the millennial reign of Christ Jesus will begin. This "faithful and wise servant" class is the real "Society" of Jehovah’s anointed remnant.

So it really concerned a split of the I.B.S.A. into two factions, one who remained loyal to the org under Rutherford and those who were opposed to it. It was a way of demonizing and discrediting those who were disloyal. It was quite a significant message. 2/3 of the Bible Students who had been around during Russell's tenure broke away from the organization under Rutherford.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Yes good points there M.J. thanks for showing those, i've been on to the Bible Students web site to read more of the 'hidden' history which is fascinating, but also eye opening to a former R & F member.

Also I agree my thought process is rather random right now but appreciate the replies

Arnie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Jehovah’s Theocratic Servant Christ Jesus

Isn't this an interesting title? Not ransomer, nor redeemer, nor saviour, nor King. Seems nearly blasphemous to me when I read this description.

Jeff

• greendawn
    greendawn

Ak well observed, Jesus the Lord of the Church as aknowledged by the apostles, and the inheritor of the whole world given him by the Father is seen as a mere servant -almost on par with jehovah's human "servants". Can I see the finger of judaism somewhere?

Also the FDS is in practice only the president of the org and one or two others of his inner circle, the rest don't count for anything in preparing spiritual food though supposedly approved by jehovah.

All talk about the evil servant, it was Rutherfords vicious way of discrediting his personal enemies by identifying them with intensely negative biblical characters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit