Blinded

by PoppyR 4 Replies latest jw friends

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

So, I discussed with my husband about 607, showed him the UN website etc, and he basically spun round 3 times like Taz, and is now just back to saying.. yes there may be mistakes but it's still clearly the truth etc etc.. I'm torn between being frustrated because I KNOW he can see it, and being glad because if he wants to do it, then all well and good. I quickly realise that unless people are ready and already questioning, there is no point talking to them about the mistakes and lies etc. It's getting really tough with my kids, because they are asking me questions about Jehovah etc that now I want to give them a more balanced viewpoint on.. Never in a million years thought I'd be part of a divided household, and if I ever did.. that it would be me that was the one not 'in the truth'. I know I have to be careful now because I aim to fade and must make sure I keep up the 'I'm just questioning everything right now and haven't made any firm decisions' attitude.

Poppy x

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

when me and my ex did a near all nighter reading Apocolypse Delayed, the history of JWs, we both knew everything in the book, but for the first time we were not making mental excuses and saw things very differently....that is the key, a TRUE BELIEVER is basically like a hypnotized subject, he has voluntarily allowed another to think for him to the point of altering his perceptions and tasting apple while biting an onion.... and until he loses trust in his hypnotist and wakes up from the trance, he will not be able to see anything you are seenig.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

You are so right about that! And I understand of course because that was me, there were some things I didn't know, but in my heart lots of things that are now obvious were bothering me even then. The whole cult and mind control thing is scary, and I just cant believe now I was part of it. And to some degree still find myself thinking along those lines. Guess it takes quite a while to get over it and I'm very new yet!

Poppy x

• Sassy
    Sassy

Poppy.. you have just begun to open the door to your eyes truly seeing things.. its a powerful thing and you have much to learn..

I promise you as time progresses you will learn more and know the right thing to do.. it just takes time. Being a witness is a huge way of life.. so learning the 'real truth' and learning to live 'your' life.. takes time. It will be the same for your kids, how you steer them. Give it time..

I am not a good one to tell you how much to tell them, or sheild from them, as my kids where grown when I finally saw the reality of the WTS.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

The difficulty for jws is that the religion permeates their whole being(as religion should).

If you begin to question, your whole persona is being challenged.

The ego must protect itself, so denial is the easiest and safest course.

If you do continue searching, fear and uncertainty raise their monstrous heads.

Some turn back, some bravely move on.

Good on you Poppy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit