Book : Angels and Women

by geevee 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• geevee
    geevee

Hi, I was listening to a testimonial from JW Info Line. That of Paul Hess. He spoke about this book Angels and Women. Endorsed by Russell and Rutherford, but apparently written by a spirit medium who had the story transmitted by a "fallen angel". They endorsed the book in the Golden age.
    Has anybody read the book or know much about it? You may have discussed it previously, but the search thing didnt come up with much. I have included some info from a web page that has the book in revised format.

Angels and Women [http://www.premier1.net/~raines/review.html]

Angels and Women is, supposedly, an automatic writing ["Automatic writing" refers to writing that is done "automatically" under the control or direction of a spirit or spirits] book recommended by the Watchtower Society in 1924. It is a revision of a novel written in 1878 titled Seola by J. Gregory Smith.[1] Seola was revised and published as Angels and Women by a Bible Student who was identified as being "a personal friend of Pastor Russell [ The book is revised and published by a personal friend of Pastor Russell, and one who was close to him in his work. It is published by the A. B. Abac Company, New York city] and one who was close to him in his work." [2] This revisor said the woman who wrote it was "impelled to write it after listening to beautiful music." [3] He believed the spirit that "dictated" the novel to Mrs. Smith was not one of the "holy angels" (of the kind that supposedly transmitted information and Biblical interpretations into J. F. Rutherford's mind), [4] but was one of the fallen angels who desired to return to God's organization. [5]

The Society at the time believed that some demons or fallen angels were honest and could be saved and return to God's organization. [6] Angels and Women, they believed, was channeled or "dictated" to the author by one such fallen angel who was honest and told the truth about pre-flood conditions on earth. They said he shed some "light" on the subject. They therefore claimed to receive new "light" from a demon according to their published statements. This is unusual as all the automatic or channeled writings I have researched claimed to be from good spirits whether angels, extraterrestrials, or highly evolved spirits. The Society appears to be unique in claiming to receive new light from an evil spirit or fallen angel.

The July 30, 1924 Golden Age the Watchtower Society reviewed the book Angels and Women.

Thanks for your help in advance, GeeVee

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I read it long time ago. It was a scan of the book on 8 1/2x11 that I bought on ebay. I no longer have it.

It is the story about antidiluvian events. Angels come down from heaven, marry women, redemption of repentant angels.

I heard about it from a bethelite who saw it in the bethel library. It mysteriously disappeared some time after that.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

If I remember a neo-nazi scumbag by the name of jjrizzo who was booted from here a few years ago was obsessed with the book...

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

It is on a collection of CDs that I will have shortly.

AuldSoul

• geevee
    geevee

Thanks for the replies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit