Sir82, other elders and all, what do you think about.....

by yesidid 4 Replies latest jw friends

• yesidid
    yesidid

the 2005 KM school.
    I would like to thank Sir82 for all his work in getting the KM school notes to us. Hopefully I have copied the talk names correctly.What I thought was a sign of what they consider important or unimportant was that

although the Bible speaks about love being the most important quality for a Christian *,

it seems not to be mentioned. Except talk # 16. And that isn’t about love, but meetings.
    I am interested in knowing from Sir or any other elders if that would be a correct assessment. Or was it given the prominence the scriptures would indicate it deserves,

but I just didn’t pick it up?
    After all this was a school for elders. Were they not supposed to be learning how to be Christians themselves and shepherds of the flock of Christ?
    BTW there didn’t seem to be much reference to Christ either.
    Or did I not notice that either?

Talk 1: OBJECTIVE OF THE KINGDOM MINISTRY SCHOOL COURSE – Bethel
    Talk 2: CONTINUE TO PROGRESS SPIRITUALLY CO
    Talk 3: LIVE A BALANCED SIMPLE LIFE - by Local Elder
    Talk 4: RESTRAIN YOUR EYES FROM SEEING ANYTHING WORTHLESS - Local Elder
    Talk 5: OVERVIEW - ORGANIZED TO DO JEHOVAH'S WILL - Bethel
    Talk 6: PRESIDE WELL OVER YOUR OWN HOUSEHOLD - CO
    Talk 7: DO ALL THINGS FOR GOD's GLORY - Local Elder ( Chapter 13 of OD book, with same name)
    Talk 8: THE SUPERIORITY OF DIVINE EDUCATION - Bethel
    Talk 9: PREPARING TALKS FOR THE CONGREGATION - Local Elder
    Talk 10: PREPARING DISCOURSES FOR THE PUBLIC - Local Elder Talk 11: HELP OTHERS OBEY WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES - Local Elder
    Talk 12: USE VARIOUS METHODS TO REACH PEOPLE WITH THE GOOD NEWS - CO Talk 13: SHEPHERD THE FLOCK OF GOD IN YOUR CARE, PART 1 - Bethel
    Talk 14: SHEPHERD THE FLOCK OF GOD IN YOUR CARE - PART 2 - CO
    Talk 15: ENCOURAGE YOUNG MEN TO REACH OUT - Brother Local Elder
    Talk 16: MEETINGS THAT INCITE TO LOVE AND FINE WORKS – Local Elder
    Talk 17: ASSEMBLING TOGETHER – WHY “ALLTHE MORE SO”? Bethel
    Talk 18: ELDERS WHO WORK TOGETHER AS A BODY local Elder
    Talk 19: MAINTAIN THE PEACE AND CLEANNESS OF THE CONGREGATION - CO
    Talk 20: USE DISCERNMENT WHEN DEALING WITH CASES OF WRONGDOING - Bethel- Talk 21: GIVING ATTENION TO THE NEEDS OF THE FIELD - CO
    Talk 22: TRUST THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE - CO
    Talk 23: DOING GOD'S WILL DURING THE REMAINING TIME - Bethel-

*John 13:35 35 By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.”

John 15. 12 12 This is my commandment, that YOU love one another just as I have loved YOU
    John 15:17 17 “These things I command YOU, that YOU love one another.
    Romans 12:10 10 In brotherly love have tender affection for one another. In showing honor to one another take the lead.
    Romans 13:8 8 Do not YOU people be owing anybody a single thing, except to love one another; for he that loves his fellowman has fulfilled [the] law.
    1 Cor 8:1 Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up
    1Cor 13:13 13 Now, however, there remain faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Phil 1:9 9 And this is what I continue praying, that YOUR love may abound yet more and more
    1Pet 1:22 22 ….., love one another intensely from the heart.
    1 Pet 4:8 8 Above all things have intense love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.

1 John 3:11 11 For this is the message which YOU have heard from [the] beginning, that we should have love for one another;
    1 John 4:7, 8 7 Beloved ones, let us continue loving one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born from God and gains the knowledge of God. 8 He that does not love has not come to know God, because God is love.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Excellent point! In my opinion, the Gospel and love are the most important messages in the Bible (almost the same message, they overlap so much).

I await elder's post-KM School replies.

AuldSoul

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

Sadly, the talks this year seem to reflect my experience. Usually there is very little from the Bible. It's nearly all organizational proceedure.

In fact I don't ever recall a talk on love or how elders should show it to each other, their families, or those in their care.

Unless your idea of showing love is encouraging everyone to, go to the meetings, out witnessing and obey the GB.

David

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Of course they encourage love....bombing that is. And you know...the general snow job so that outsiders think that everyone is happy and that JWs must therefore be god's chosen people.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    In fact I don't ever recall a talk on love or how elders should show it to each other, their families, or those in their care.

I guess that explains why so many notice there is little real love in the congregations. It is not a priority of the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit