Movies!

by cyd0099 7 Replies latest social relationships

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

What I mean here is I found a group who were starting an indie theater here in town. I like movies and started to volunteer. I made friends with the staff and other volunteers as well as getting to know the locals.

Since we all had the common ground of film, conversations were easy enough to start and were entertaining and not too stressful. Not having the stigma of Dub in my new town, I got a reputation as a pretty cool guy and started to be recognized in the downtown.

From there I have branched out into other avenues of the arts, I live downtown. I work in a popular coffeehouse and have made a number of good friends.

I guess the upshot is I embraced something I had a passion for, got involved, and as a result grew as a human being.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

OOPS
    I meant this tobe a reply not a new topic...

• under74
    under74

where do you live in Washington? I'm from Seattle and just recently moved back to the area. Just wondering what theater you're speaking of.

• Golf
    Golf

cyd0099, I'm with you 'all the way.' This is the type of posts I enjoy reading.

Getting involved in something you like/love helps to broaden your life. By the way, I went to see the Johnny Cash movie (I walk the line) with my wife last night and it was worth it.

I wish all the best.

Golf

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

U74;

I am up in Bellingham.

It's the Pickford Cinema, operated by the Whatcom Film Assoc.

• under74
    under74

cool, there's a couple in Seattle (the Eyptian is still the best in my book) if you ever make it down this way.

Hope the streets aren't too icy up there.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey, good for you cyd!

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

U74;

The Egyptian is a favorite of mine as well, not as fancy as the Cinerama, but still really cool.

I saw Battle Royale there a few years back at SIFF and while I stood in line, Quentin Tarintino brushed by me and bumped my shoulder.

T.S.;

Thanks, it's been fun altthough hard becoming the person I've always felt I was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit