Mad Apostate Letter Revision?

by Confession 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Confession
    Confession

Just came across this "Mad Apostate" form letter in the Best Of area...

To Whom It May Concern:

Your harassing inquiries into our personal affairs are not welcomed, and any further attempts at such will result in legal action against the individual harassers, the --City--, --State-- Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, Inc., and all associated Watchower legal entities.

To the best of our recollection, we have not participated in Field Service in approximately __ months, have attended no Meetings in approximately __ months, nor have we participated in any other activities which would specifically identify us as Jehovah's Witnesses during the same time period.

Based on these, and other facts, it is our position that the Watchtower organization has no legal right to inquire into our personal affairs, nor does it have the legal right to take any organizational action which would become public knowledge.

Nothing communicated previously, nor in this letter, nor any personal actions, are intended to be, nor should be construed as constituting what the Watchtower organization labels as "Disassociation".

If any public announcement is made by the Watchtower organization that we have chosen to "Disassociate" ourselves, or that we have been "Disfellowshipped", then we will proceed with legal action against the individual Elders, the --City--, --State-- Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, Inc., and all associated Watchtower legal entities.

Hereafter, no agent or other representative of the Watchtower organization has permission to enter onto our residential property, nor communicate with us via telephone or email. Trespassers will be subject to criminal prosecution and civil liability.

If further communication is deemed necessary, please limit such to written letter transmitted via mail service. Such communication is not solicited, and we reserve the right to proceed with legal action if such communication violates our legal rights.

Respectfully,

Love the idea, but it looks like things may need to be reworded. This letter makes it clear that we've not been involved in anything that would "specifically identify us as Jehovah's Witnesses." Then it warns them not to make any public announcement about Disassociation or Disfellowshipping. Isn't it true though that now all they say is, "Joe Blow is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses?"

Any thoughtful suggestions as to how to change the letter?

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

That your current status with the organization is redundant based on this and you do not wish to be discussed in any matter regarding the organization and your status or lack of status in it?

• Confession
    Confession

Redundant... Maybe "moot." And, yes, that helps us with our not wanting to be questioned by them. But the thing I'm talking about is that, if our aim is (in part) to keep them from making any sort of announcement about us, and all they now do is say, "Joe Blow is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses," then we should NOT suggest we are no longer "identified as one of JWs." If we write that, then the current announcement is accurate.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I am serious....go to www.martindalehubbard.com Find a lawyer who specializes in "First Amendment" or "Tort Law" or "Defamation" or "Invasion of Privacy" in your State.

Your court pleading should have...

1) "Defamation" = $$$ for you if you win.

2) "Invasion of Privacy" = $$$ for you if you win.

3) perhaps (Intentional interference with contracts/business/familial relationships) = $$$ for you if you win.

4) Tresspass/Breaking and Entering/etc = jail time for the offending elder

At least, your lawyer could write the Society a nasty gram.....that should put the Society on alert to stop it...and you'll have peace & a Happy New Year.

Also, if the Society "tells" others what offense you did (if you did one), try claiming that the elder/Society breached his/their duty of confidentiality between a priest/follower.

• happehanna
    happehanna

Welcome to the board skeeter1 !

• outnfree
    outnfree

I'm pretty sure MadApostate wrote that suggested letter BEFORE the change to "Joe Blow is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses" was instituted. In fact, I wonder if the change was made because many of us had the nerve to threaten specific legal action against local elders and the Society should we be slandered as a result of our fading/disassociation/cause for disfellowshipping. I know I did, and that was in 2001. At the time, I believe the exact wording used was "Sister Cxxx has disassociated herself and is no longer considered one of Jehovah's Witnesses." (I was present at the announcement.) I'm pretty sure MadApostate offered up his template after March of 2001.

outnfree (and not regretting a single moment!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit