Where Is the Liability?

by atypical 4 Replies latest jw friends

• atypical
    atypical

This is the new approach I have taken with family and anyone who asks me why I am not attending meetings. Maybe it has been said a million times, but recently it seems to resonate in my head......."Where is the liability?"

Basically, this is how I see it. Even the most hardcore dubs know that there are laws, principles, and suggestions. But, the reality is that people follow suggestions as though they were laws. But, anyone you talk to will admit that you cannot be disciplined for going against suggestions, such as: growing a beard, going to college, not avoiding wordly friends, not going to the congregation in your territory, etc. So, I tell them, what if you follow all the suggestions and your life turns out completely sh*tty, will the society or your DO, CO, PO, any other official O accept responsibility for your life? Of course they say no. So I say, doesn't that prove that you should think for yourself? You are the only one who can ever accept responsibility for how your life turns out. So why would you turn over your decisions to someone who is not responsible for the outcome?

I'm ranting and I love it.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Mom!!! Atypical got into the liquor locker again! :P

• atypical
    atypical

How did you know, man? I just hope I don't break into the flesh bread and blood wine cabinet. That could get real crazy.....

• Confession
    Confession

Interesting, atypical...

Don't know how effective it can be.

"what if you follow all the suggestions and your life turns out completely sh*tty?"

The JW mind will say, "life turns out sh*tty?" What is she talking about? The new system is coming!

Of course I like the liability question. In fact, while serving as an elder, I came to find out just how cautious the WTS was in trying to limit any liability that may fall upon them. And I would wonder...why wouldn't it be okay for me to limit my liability as regards my estranged wife by divorcing her? She is an alcoholic who many times would get into horrible auto accidents after drinking. This potentially put me at great financial risk. Wouldn't a legal divorce be the responsible thing?

But, just as in many other areas, it is clear that with the WTS what's good for the goose is NOT always good for the gander.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Atypical - I like that liability line, unfortunately we are talking about completely indoctrinated people here, who don't for a second believe that if they follow all the guidelines their lives might be sh**ty. That's why when it DOES happen they go through that terrible depression, because their minds cannot understand what went wrong, enter- the Satan is attacking excuse for Crap happening. But, I agree with you if this organization won't be there for you, to pick up the pieces after you screw up your life following their dumb suggestions, then why should you risk it? It's really aggravating how many people this has happened to, and the WTS continues to get away with it, till one day, eventually it will catch up with them!

Confession - So, true, hypocrisy runs rampant at the Tower, I'm so glad they can no longer suggest anything to me and mine, we see what goes on behind the curtain, and there's only a few old men making up stories, not annointed by God, just delusional, sad really, when you think 6 million people are buying all that CRAPPOLA!

IC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit