WARNING: WT QUOTES THAT MAY INDUCE VOMITING!

by stillAwitness 1 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I had to help my mom with her talk (gag) and found some interesting statements as I was leafing through some bond volumes:

wt 1956: p.10- " Ancient contestants had to follow a strict diet. The theocratic attendants must eat only at God's table. Meeting attendance must be regualr...eat elsewhere or nowhere and you have no power. The time may come when you will not have the WT available. The Bible may be your only weapon. Unless you fed abundantly on the WT you may not be able to wield the "sword of the spirit".

w 1973: Questions From readers: What is the view of JW's toward interracial marriage: True christians is under obligaion to proclaim the good news to others. As a factor, he may consider wether or not interracial marriavge is likely to create a seriously averse effect on the attitude of the peope in his comunity toward his kingdom message." What does that all mean? How would an interracial couple cause a hinderance when preaching?

w1972 Questions from readers: Often there is much discussion about what is "proper" and what is "improper" in the matter of dress. Can we really set any rules on this? If now, why show so much conern?

In the very first book of the Bible we are provided with a standard...only after their trangression (Adam and Eve) did they clothe themselves. With what? The account says they made loin coverings of "fig leaves." Is that the standard for us?

No, for God viewed these garments as unsuitable...Gen 3:21 says: And Jehovah god proceeded to make many garments of skin for Adam and his wife..." So man's creator thereby provided a standard for dress.

How long were these "long garments" The Hebrew word used is understood to denote "long garments" reaching to the knees. (And where is the reference to that definition???)

Why did God provide the standard that he did? Due to sin, humans (and I am assuming they are making reference to men) are subject to passion and easily inclined to immorality...God kindly provided one way to make this fight easier...Anyone who wore clothing designed to proved passion in another could become guilty of stumbling another Christian (In other words any woman in the hall making Bro. ScumBucket look at your ass its because your skirt is only 2 inches instead of 3 below your knees!!)

Oh, and this part really makes me all the more gag of the thought of marrying a brother: "Of course, there are those who can make RULES concerning dress. Who are these? Husbands and fathers...he can properly rule out certain clothing as objectionable."

And elders? "Beyond the rules contained in the Bible they cannot set rules as to what those in the congregation can wear...but (and there's always a but) they can use their own knowledge in determining whether someone is clearly not in regard to the sciptural principles regarding dress. They may decide not to give prominence to such one such as assignments..."

• Dune
    Dune

lol @ the interracial quote.Thats the funny thing about the WTS, despite all the talk about being "No Part of the world", ultimately they always follow the social constructs of the world of the time.

Lol, maybe one day they'll let gays marry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit