1st Thanksgiving Dinner in 11 years and I get to meet a prejudiced person

by Andrea Wideman 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• Andrea Wideman
    Andrea Wideman

Well this is my family's 1st Thanksgiving dinner in 11 years and it was great. It felt so nice to sit around the table and eat dinner. Pop Pop, Joel's grandfather, said the prayer. It was a very touching experience. There was only 1 fly in the ointment and that was Pop's step daughter's boyfriend who couldn't stop talking about the Mexicans who damage his trucks when he parks in front of their house. I couldn't stop myself and had to point out that I saw an episode on Sesame Street where everyone wanted to be the same and found it boring. He then starts saying about how being different is good. I wonder if he realized how lame his second comment sounded after the first.
    Andrea

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I have found the best benefit from moments like these is to look at our own prejudice. Look kindly and compassionately at how we may give attention to the mind as it prejudges people and situations rather than just being silent and attentive to what the universe presence to us.

When we add the silent sweetness of non-judgment to other peoples judgment, it magically neutralizes it. Judge them not, for they know not what they do.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit