ex-JW trinity --anger/fear/guilt

by blindersoff 1 Replies latest jw friends

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

Anger, fear, guilt. When those 3 things no longer visit us, I think that is a good indicator that we really have broken free. Jesus said 'the truth about 'the truth' will set you free

I hope to get to the point where I do not feel it necessary to prove them right or wrong. As long as we are still hashing it over, that would seem to indicate that we haven't let it go. But, I can't quit cold turkey right now. I think there is a good chance that if it were not for family, I could just drop it & move on. But also I feel a need to share 'the truth about 'the truth'with others. And just as when going in service, when you share these things with others it deepens your own conviction. How ironic, huh?

I think about getting back in so as to support some who are laboring under the man made burdens & the guilt that goes with it. I think of spies who make a sacrifice for a cause. Previously, I have shared in the sentiment that 'apostates' have nothing positive to offer & that they focus on lies & misinformation. Ray Franz (CoC) & some of the posters on JWD have totally changed my mind. I am convinced that some (not all) of them are more to be believed than the WTS. Now I believe that a service (ministry) is performed by those who help others break the chains of bondage just as Jesus said --'the truth shall set you free'. So even if there is no other 'organization' as we know it to go to, I think displaying real Christianity as an individual is the big thing. Just 2 laws (1) Love God (2) Love neighbor.

Guess I sort of rambled. Sorry. Hope to help some of the newer ones here.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

I no longer feel guilt - other than guilt over the fact that I know that I can't reach certain of my friends/family with 'the truth' about the truth.

I feel no anger - other than anger over the way the 'leaders' of the cult treat those still enslaved.

I have no fear of them. "Fear of man" is one of their greatest catch-phrases - and I did have fear of men - fear of the GB.

I have joy that I no longer feel these things about myself personally.

Like you, I have felt perhaps the need to go under cover to liberate as many as possible. At first I wanted to do damage, now I just want to get as much information into the hands of as many people as possible. If I could do a little damage to a few certain people well, I'd take that too. :-)

I agree, though. Once you can release those feelings towards yourself, you are truly free......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit