Happy Thanksgiving, Yall!!

by Frannie Banannie 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I have been in the kitchen most of the day baking pies and making dressing and giblet gravy......interspersed with dog- and baby-sitting my 3 g/daughters I baked some beautiful pumpkin and pecan pies and got the rest of the pie shells pre-baked for the coconut, chocolate & white chocolate cream pies and lemon meringue pies (12 pies in all) cause we're taking some of the food over to my daughter's in-laws' tomorrow, then coming back to take care of the rest of our feast here. By the time my daughter came home from work, my butt was draggin....so I decided to go to my room and take some Excedrin for my back pain.....after about 30 mins. I returned to the kitchen to get some ice and coke......my daughter gives me this guilty grin and declares...."okay, okay, we cut some pies and ate 'em, so we'll just go get some more pie shells after awhile." ............yeah, right.......and I'm thinkin' "just who's gonna fill those pie shells back up now?" So I ate some pie, too.

• Bryan
    Bryan

I have two step-sisters here in Houston and several nieces. My father (the elder kidnapper) and step-mother (JW's) are coming for Thanksgiving!

So.... I won't be going there. We're getting together with a few of our international friends who don't have family here. Should be great!

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Can someone explain to me ..when, and what, is thanksgiving. Is it bigger than Christmas in the US?

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

Thanksgiving is the last Thursday in November. To me...it's simply being thankful for what you have. In my opinion, it's not about our Country or religion. That's why I don't know why the JW's think its wrong to celebrate it. I guess they just like being different (no part of the world).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit