ex-jw meetings in UK?

by ballistic 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Does anyone know of any ex-jw get togethers in the UK? Anything from a pint down the pub to our own convention?
    I would really like to meet up with other ex-jw's, not necessarily to discuss religion. (the pint is more my style)
    Anyone?

• nelly136
    nelly136

Theres one going to be held in wales but it sounds
    pretty religious based, the details are at http://disc.server.com/Indices/46743.html

pub sounds good to me
    nelly

• Jang
    Jang

There is going to be one in Wales early October at Dolfor

If you phone their helpline at 0131 661 0476 Or Email Anathony Roberts at [email protected] you can get more details.

This is one conducted by Christians but the fellowhsip and caring will be great ..... and if you are not ready to talk about bible just say so. Be polite, tell them you are still in burnout and leaving yourself in God's capable hands until you can cope better.

Then there is always the world "NO!"

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• Simon
    Simon

I've had the odd pint with ISP... if you're anywhere near the North West of Manchester then I'm sure we could arrange something.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ballistic,

I've met a few ex's from this site, great fun it was too.

However, I dont think that many UK posters are interested in Xtian style meetings, after all, compared to the Yanks we are a pretty godless bunch.

Early next summer I intend to host a big ex's barbie and can arrange overnight accomodation in WSM for about £35 per couple. I'll post more details later in the year so that everyone has bags of notice well in advance. I considered doing it this year, but so many Brits are such recent evacuees from the WTBTS that I wasn't certain as to whether it would be too risky an enterprise for them.

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• Gordy
    Gordy

there is a Ex-JW convention in Ovtober 5-7th in North Wales
    Run my Pete Stanton www.kpjournal.homestead.com/welcome/html
    or email him [email protected]

He was hoping to have Jim Penton come over last year he had Duane Magnani

• individuals wife
    individuals wife
    Early next summer I intend to host a big ex's barbie and can arrange overnight accomodation in WSM for about £35 per couple. I'll post more details later in the year so that everyone has bags of notice well in advance.

Count us in on that one E'man! You can put our names down for that one straight away!

PS. Any others here from Devon or Cornwall or Somerset? Lurkers included??

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

<<However, I dont think that many UK posters are interested in Xtian style meetings, after all, compared to the Yanks we are a pretty godless bunch.>>

How can I immigrate to the UK? :)

The world is my country and to do good, my religion.--Thomas Paine

• Simon
    Simon

just turn up clinging to the underside of a channel tunnel train or in a truck and claim asylum... that's what everyone else does (ooh... politically incorrect or what ?!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit