"Knowledge" studies - still in use?

by Trinitarian 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Trinitarian
    Trinitarian

Can anyone confirm that the Knowledge studies are still in use, and haven't had any recent major revisions (last couple of years).

I've written some analysis of these studies and wanted to make sure the source, Knowedge That Leads to Everlasting Life, is current.

thanks!

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

yes it is. there might have been some minor revisions though.

• vitty
    vitty

They usually go through the "what does God require " brochure first !

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

The Knowledge book is still around although they've released a new study book as of this past summer entitled "What Does the Bible Really Teach?" I believe it is meant to replace the Knowledge book as the new 2nd study book for baptism. It has very similar content though to the Knowledge book.
    tall penguin

• ackack
    ackack

I think its entirely likely that this new book will replace the Knowledge book itself as the primary bible study aid. Someone review the first few chapters (from a catholic perspective)

Jehovah's Witnesses--Do They Teach What the Bible Really Teaches?

I'm sure JW's will get more detail about this sort of thing in the KW soon enough mind.

ackack

• Trace
    Trace

1 ) Could you please tell me the current order of study books? Last I knew it was the "Live Forever Book" and a "United in Worship" book if the prospect was still hanging in there. What are the complete titles of the books being used with new studies now? 2) I would love to read any analysis you have written regarding this topic. How? Please and thank you.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, Trinitarian and Trace. Those were the two books they were using when I was there too, Trace.

Cellist

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Trace:
    Currently, the study program is as follows:
    1. Brochure: "What Does God Require of Us?"
    2. Book: "The Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life" (If not already, this will be officially replaced with the recent release "What Does the Bible Really Teach?"
    3. Book: "Worship the Only True God"
    The first two are required before baptism. The third one can be studied afterwards.
    tall penguin

• Trace
    Trace

Thank you very muchly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit