Higher Education Story

by onesong 0 Replies latest jw friends

• onesong
    onesong

Here's a sad story of my ex-wife (we had an amiable divorce within the last year after leaving the Borg) and her parents and grandparents ( who were both of the annointed-whatever that means.)

My ex's parents followed the advice and lived like the big "A" was coming tomorrow. No education , no savings , no future planning. Now they are both in their retirement years living in a 1 room hell hole with no money. My father in-law has diabetes, can no longer walk, can't afford the meds he needs. My mother in-law is caring for her ill mother- all three living in this " apartment".

What's so sad is that these people very well could have lived amazing lives.They have (or had) larger than life personalities and could have been or done anything. Their lives are an example of the absolute tragedy that takes place following the Society.

I recently sent them a letter expaining my continued unconditional love for them and the reasons why I left. In talking with my ex after receiving my letter they could only express sadness at my "disillusionment". My father in-law saying that he had been doing this for 53 years, knew it was right, and wasn't about to give up now.

Meanwhile, my ex and I decided a few years ago that she should go to school and pursue her blossoming art career. We decided it was best for her to go to school and I would support her while I attended to my many responsibilities as an elder. Now she is just a few credits from her degree and has a great job at the Institute she attends. She is now in a position of having to ( and being able to ) help out her parents because she went against the Borg's advice and her parents wishes. Yet they still can't support her in her life course!

It is truly unbelievable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit