Mp3 shrinking software, do you use any? Recommendations?

by AlmostAtheist 2 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey All,

I'm getting more into my mp3 player, building up a collection of music. I like to have tons of songs, but I'm cheap as all git out so I don't want to buy a new player. I just want to shrink the songs I have. I listen to some songs that are allegedly "low quality" (less than 1 meg per song) and they sound as good to my tin ears as the the 3 and 4 meg files of higher quality. So what I want to do is crush my "good" files down to the "bad file" size.

Ironically, the files I like were free "previews", which I can't get anymore. So now I'm paying for the songs and getting files I like less. :-/

Do any of you good folks have a recommendation of software to do this? There are thousands of hits on Google for this stuff and I can't see me installing them all! I'd like to get an idea of what's already working for you guys. For software that does what I need, I could see paying $20 or so. (But FREE is always preferable!)

Dave

• AlmostAtheist
  • coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

do a google search for dbPowerAmp. You can use this to convert to wav or compress further with mp3. just play around with it and make sure that wherever you output is a different directory or folder than your original file.

CHL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit