When you were pregnant did you call your mother?

by MsMcDucket 2 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

When I was pregnant with my last daughter, even though I was still JW struck, I would still call my mother for help. I'd call her if I was suffering. Only mom could understand. The witnesses couldn't take that away from me. My last pregnancy went for 10 months! My daughter ended up weighing 10 lbs. 6 oz. Can you imagine how many times I called my mom?! She would always be patient with me.

While you were in the troof, was there something that the witnesses couldn't take from you.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Ok- 10 lbs- Can you say "OWWW!"??? I think every single time I found out I was pregnant, my Mom was the first person I called. Twice I think she knew before my husband did.

The one thing I could say they never took away from me was the great friendships I had developed at school. I never saw them outside of school, but in the time I was able to spend with them I learned alot about how the "world" really was (not so bad really!). They could never take away that pleasure I found in my "wordly" acquaintances, who accepted me warts and all.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

It took me a few weeks (or was it months?) to work up the nerve to tell my JW mother after I found out I was pregnant because I was (1) not married, and (2) disfellowshipped...but maternal instincts came through and she was with me in the hospital when my daughter was born

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit