What our hearts know is in store

by Frogleg 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• Frogleg
    Frogleg

Imagine that you have walked into a travel agency (yes, I know, an archaic concept) that has advertised a "surprise" trip. They have told you that this excursion will go somewhere pleasant and enjoyable, but it doesn't mention exactly where you will be going. However, they tell you to pack a lot of suntan lotion (min:spf 40), towels, swimming togs, and they want to make sure you know how to use an aqualung. They also notify you that if you are allergic to sand tropical coral, rum, and Reggae music, you better not go. Now , where do expect this "surprise" trip to be headed? Johannesburg? Berlin? Zurich? Cairo? Tokyo?

Now, knowing all that you know about the Bible and JCs promises about the "new world", what do you think it will be like, about, of, for, to, etc. ????? If you think of the answer while you are being held by a beautiful member of the opposite gender, it is okay, that may be part of the answer.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Now, knowing all that you know about the Bible and JCs promises about the "new world", what do you think it will be like, about, of, for, to, etc. ?????

based on what i know about it? i would say that nothing is coming at all.

you know, this travel agency, with the surprise, it's possible that they were just lying. then again, that is false advertising. so your government holds them in check. and that is the difference between xianity and the travel agency. one is accountable to something when they lie. and the other is not.

TS

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa
    They have told you that this excursion will go somewhere pleasant and enjoyable, but it doesn't mention exactly where you will be going.

Or WHEN.... this travel agency wants your money, trip paid for "up front" on the hopes that there will be room for you when its time to go. Only problem is, the trip will be "very soon" or "imminent"and the agency says that to reserve your booking space, you are now on a monthly payment plan. You are first told that the trip will take place on a certain date. When the date comes, the travel agency tells you that they had problems with the bookings, and that the trip will take place on another date. That date comes, but still no trip. The travel agency tells you that you'll take this trip before you are 55. You reach 55, still no trip. The agency then tells you that sometime before you die (if you're lucky), you'll get to take this trip you've been paiding for your entire life. Unfortunately, you're hit by a car and die. Never got to take this trip and you've paid a monthly fee to reserve the booking.

• Jebediah Thunder
    Jebediah Thunder

Indeed! Religion is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

I thought my wife had divested herself of organized religion. She had even hinted that such was the case.

Alas...she went to church last Sonday. Saint George Greek Orthodox Church of the Desperate. Desert.

See, protestant churches are nonsense, evangelical churches are nonsense with a 'tude, fundamentalism is nonsense with a 'tude and a gun, orthodoxy is nonsense with incense and a cookie.

Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit