Just an update for those who remember me

by riotgirlpeeps 2 Replies latest social relationships

• riotgirlpeeps
    riotgirlpeeps

I'm not the newbie anymore, but I've been very much off the site lately. Not for lack of appreciation for what is here, I've just been busy. I am now married to my Brit boy (who is a non jw). We've been married a little over a month now, we decided on the road trip we took in early october to do it. My parents both are in denial still that I don't want to be a jw anymore, and the technicality of the fact that I didn't write a da letter is keeping my dad in the stance that they can still associate with me freely besides at work, which is what they seemed to want considering how things went with my sister when she da'ed herself.

I got a phone call within the last few weeks from the PO and he asked me about some of the questions I had, I politely replied that I wasn't ready to return to meetings etc etc, and since I am married to the man that was my bf and they have no way to say otherwise they aren't able to df me either. So I don't have to spend much of my week pretending to want to be a witness. For my parents sake to not utterly break thier hearts I just omit alot of what I truly believe and leave it at that, they seem to be ok with that as long as I remind them that I do respect that thier beliefs work well for them.

So things have gone better for me than I could have expected, which is great, and I wanted to thank everyone here that has given me feedback etc and replies. I will try to be here a bit more in the future, but I have other projects I'm working on.

If anyone wants to contact me away from here please feel free to IM me. I'm in Minnesota and don't mind adding new people to my circle of associates, especially those from here.

-Riot

• Cellist
    Cellist

It's nice to hear that eveything is working out for you. Congratulations on your wedding.

Cellist

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

congrats. I'm a fan of the fade myself. I married out of the truth, and they weren 't happy, bu they just accepted it. Yes, be very vague and nonchalant with elders and parents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit