Priestly Blessing at Work

by twinflame 0 Replies latest jw friends

• twinflame
    twinflame

I just have to vent. We got an email from the owner of the company a couple of hours ago that said:

This afternoon, our Priest from our Church will be on premises to extend a Blessing of our facilities. You may or may not be aware of Fr. Hebda presence. There is no requirement from anyone, but perhaps you may see us walking throughout the premises.

So the owner drives up a little while ago with his priest and they go to the upstairs level of the building that has a balcony that overlooks the rest of the work space. Next thing you know, this priest starts giving his blessing/prayer very loudly so all can hear. It lasted at least 10-15 minutes. I had some business to take care of with a fellow employee who happens to be JW and when I went over to her, she was sitting there plugging her ears so she didn't have to listen. I made her pay attention to our work at hand and take her fingers from her ears so I'm sure she felt like she was going to be struck by lightning. I didn't know if it was rude to talk/work while this was going on, but I was absolutely livid that this was going on at work. From what I understand, since it is a small, family owned business it is legal to do something like this. That may be so, but I thought it was in extremely poor taste and my blood pressure jacked up so high it almost blew off the top of my head!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit