KM Schedule for Viewing WTBTS Videos

by waiting 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waiting
    waiting

October, 2000 Kingdom Ministry

"Tools That Educate, Motivate, and Strengthen"

"What are they? The videos produced by Jehovah's organization....The release of the 11th video.....as announced at the district convention. Have you ordered it?"

"July 1, 1999, Watchtower article...made the recommendation to "set aside part of your study time to watch a portion of one of the Society's instructive videos...and then discuss it. In harmony with that good advice, a different video will be featured on the Service Meeting every other month. We encourage everyone in the congregation to watch the video at home prior to when it will be discussed at the Service Meeting."

1. I only "bought" one, a long time ago. The going rate was suggested as the same as a "high quality, well produced documentary sold in the stores." Hummmmm, anywhere from $10-$20-$30? (Of course, if they're action videos with some violence - the price would go up.)

2. If I were going to participate in these discussions in the Service Meeting for the next 11 months, I would presumably need to "contribute" for the 10 videos I'm missing from my private library? Or be a real drag, and borrow 10 from my poor spiritual brothers who actually did "contribute" for all 11 - which seems a bit cheap to me - and they might look at me funny.

3. Well, then, I would need to figure "my fair share contribution to cover the cost of printing" of these "powerful...motivated...strengthened the faith and appreciation of God's dedicated people" videos.

Hmmmmmm, fair cost at WaldenBooks, minimum $10 each times 11 would equal $110! Average cost of a "powerful" video $20 each times 11 would equal $220!! For a "powerful, motivating, faith strengthening video" par excellence $30 each times 11 would equal $330!!!

But wait! I don't have to pay the State Sales Tax since I'm only contributing my fair share of the cost of printing and the WTBTS is a non-profit charitable organization! Whew, for a minute I was concerned they might be trying to make a buck or two from this new arrangement of "spiritual food at the proper time by the Faithful and Discreet Slave."

waiting

Gonna post this on the Big Mean Board at H20, if I survive - be back for further comments.

Btw, seeing that I never "ordered" these videos all along - to go to the Book Counter now, and order all of them - then carry all of them to my seat when they arive - will take a lot of humility on my part (and snickering from those behind me.) Good thing I don't go to the meetings.......

Edited by - waiting on 30 September 2000 3:17:47

• Angharad
    Angharad

Has anyone ever watched 'Witnesses of Jehovah' available from the freeminds website.

That would make a pretty interesting Service Meeting

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Angharad (can I shorten that to Ang? I will never remember the long version nor be able to spell it without looking at it, let alone actually pronouce the word!)

OK, thanks.

Hey Ang!

Never thought about it. I don't have any of the current "underground" videos - but I'm sure they would be of the same quality of information?

And Randy just tells you how much they are, which is reasonable. You don't have to guess and then feel guilty or listen to someone else say "Well, I thought they were worth much more than what you contributed. I contributed for the high quality that they are....."

Nice to hear from you. Simon said he enjoyed your family trip. Did you enjoy your Canadian Adventure also?

waiting

• Seven
    Seven

waiting, I have a film near completion, featuring highlights from one of our more talked about publications. I shot it in Hi8 and it will need edited to VHS. There are no live actors, just action figures from Star Wars, Trek, Marvel comics to name a few. It deals with adult subject matter and may not be suitable for all members of the viewing audience. Keep that in mind when your copy arrives in the mail-with any luck at all by the end of the year.Seven

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Do these WTBTS videos have any horses in them? Any romance? How about some comedy?

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi Waiting - I loved Canada.

What an amazing country, its a totally different way of life over there so much more relaxed, everthing is so big and spread out.

The Rockies, especially Lake Louise was beautiful, I can't wait to go back.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Seven,

Got Wonder Woman and the ones from that new Marvel Comic Book Super Heros (which my children used to read) Movie that I have no idea of what the hell was the name of that group or movie but it was pretty good, at least my youngest dork son said so?

To reiterate Red, (which is easy to do, btw): got comedy? got romance? got action (of anykind)?

Looking forward to my mail.....

waiting

• Seven
    Seven

waiting, It doesn't have Wonder Woman but does have the X-Men you're referring to.

Angharad, If you ever travel through Canada again, you may want to visit here: [url] http://www.gov.pe.ca/visitorsguide/index.php3[/url]

Seven

• Angharad
    Angharad

Thanks Seven

Prince Edward Island looks really nice, we will definately be going back to Canada - so maybe next time.

• waiting
    waiting

Seven,

Yep! The X-Men! My youngest son loved them. He like the movie a lot also.

I'll just wait until the video comes out. Add it to my WTBTS video collection.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit