An Unlikely Story

by Justin 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Justin
    Justin

It was in the midst of the 1930's, and Judge Rutherford was being driven in his limousine down a dusty country road in the midwest of the USA. Passing through a small town, he came upon a donut shop and asked his driver to pull over, for the Judge was quite hungry. As they were sitting at the table with their donuts and coffee, the Judge spotted a Catholic priest with his Roman collar at another table. Unbeknownst to the Judge, it was the likeable Father O'Malley who had connections in Hollywood. As he sipped his coffee and ate his donut, all Rutherford could think was, "Religion is a snare and a racket!"

The Great Depression had not yet run its course, and there were plenty of beggars around (just like today). A poor, disheveled young man - obviously out of work - entered the shop and approached the proprietor. "Mr. Johnson," he asked, "do you have any donuts for me today?" "You know what you have to do to get a donut, boy?" was the reply. "You have to dance."

"Aw, do I have to?" "If you want to eat, you do." And then Johnson raised his voice to his customers: "It's time for some entertainment, folks!" With that the young begger started dancing up a storm - twerling around from table to table, and tap dancing as if he was Fred Astaire.

"How disgusting!" came remarks from the clients. "To think that he takes advantage of the unfortunate fellow!" With that, Father O'Malley addressed the dancer: "You've really got talent, son! I know some people out in Hollywood, California who would like to meet you. You could even be in the movies!"

Not to be outdone by the priest, Judge Rutherford spoke up: "Boy! I run a printing operation in New York, and I could use a new journeyman printer. How about it?"

So the lad was now at a crossroads. What would he do with his life? . . .

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

pull out his freakin shotgun, shoot the store clerk, steal a few donuts and all the money in the till, walk up to the judge, and shoots him right in the stomach, so he will die a slow and agonizing death.... and there ends the evolution of the jehovahs witness religion... CHRISTMAS AND SMOKING FOR ALL!!!

the infamous one(starting to understand why everyone thinks hes an angry kid)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit