December KM

by blindersoff 2 Replies latest jw friends

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

Yet ANOTHER article on education.

Also an article telling parents to make sure their children can explain convincingly their position on blood, being informed about their options, etc. I'd hate to try to explain it as an adult. Difference in fractions vs main components, etc.

Beating the drum on the rooming arrangement again. Does anyone know if they get some sort of kickback on rooms?

B

• sf
    sf

Good lord, the gig is up. As days go on, it's the same old crap.

Surrender already! At least, let the kids go.

sKally

• blondie
    blondie

We have discussed on JWD how many JWs cannot explain the reasons for what they believe, they just chant "It's against my religion." Now if adults do that, imagine minor children. There have been cases in the recent past where "mature minors" had had to explain their beliefs and it can't look as if they are just doing it because they are being pressured by their parents or the WTS organization. These are the same elders and adults who do not fill out health care proxies that many no-blood clinics require be on file before an emergency comes up for a JW.

w91 6/15 pp. 16-17 Walk as Instructed by Jehovah ***

In some places a so-called mature minor is granted rights similar to those of adults. Based on age or mature thinking, or both, a youth may be viewed as mature enough to make his own decisions on medical treatment. Even where this is not the law, judges or officials may give much weight to the wishes of a youth who is able to express clearly his firm decision about blood. Conversely, when a youth cannot explain his beliefs clearly and maturely, a court might feel it has to decide what seems best, as it might for a baby.

One young man had studied the Bible off and on for years but was not baptized. Despite his being just seven weeks from the age when he would gain the "right to refuse medical treatment for himself," a hospital treating him for cancer sought court backing to transfuse him against his wishes and those of his parents. The conscientious judge quizzed him about his beliefs on blood and asked basic questions, such as the names of the first five books of the Bible. The young man could not name them nor give convincing testimony that he understood why he refused blood. Sadly, the judge authorized transfusions, commenting: "(H)is refusal to consent to blood transfusions is not based upon a mature understanding of his own religious beliefs."

As to kickbacks on the rooms; I don't think any money changes hands but I believe free rooms are given out which the brothers give to "deserving" ones. We know how that goes. It won't be the poor JWs but the ones with money who have "sacrificed" so much for so long for the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit