Depression THERAPY - with acu puncture?

by hamsterbait 2 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Just read a book "Healing without Freud or Prozac" where people have been significantly helped with acupuncture.

I am tempted. Life can be so bleak and dreary without WT delusional fantasy to buoy you up. Not ready yet to

"know life for what it is, love it for what it is, then put it away"

Has anyone here tried it for depression or other mental problems. The theory is that it alters the energy system of the brain.

HB

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I don't know how well it might treat depression, but I found my acupuncture sessions amazingly relaxing. It could be good as a stress reducer, I suppose.

• ameliasmom
    ameliasmom

I have used an acupuncturist for back problems, depression, and sore throats and colds. Do your research and find someone who is good, experienced and also utilizes Chinese herbal medicine, homeopathy and Bach Flower remedies. Like anything, there are good ones and others who really don't know what they're doing. My acupuncturist sits down, talks with me, and really takes the time to work to figure out what my underlying problems are . She actually seems to care, works with me with regard to payment (actually treated me for free this past Friday and her fee is normally anywhere from $67 to $95.) I really can't say enough good things about acupuncture. It has helped me when nothing else would.

And it is very relaxing (if you go to the right person - I have been to a few who weren't!). In fact, I usually feel drunk after leaving her office. It is just the most wonderful thing you can do for yourself.

By the way, it is not painful! Not sounding "weird," but if you are drawn towards that type of treatment, you should try it. It may be exactly what you need, without the side effects of chemicals. I hope my experience helps. Anyway, good luck. I hope you find the type of treatment that will help you!

Joy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit