This is one reason why I couldn't take it anymore...

by Dawn 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

An earlier post mentioned JW spaces on myspace.com - so in curiosity I was surfing the site. Came across a few and read the posts. Quite honestly - the deepest question I could find was "Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons? "

Oh Good God - THIS is why I couldn't hack it as a JW any longer. How about pondering some questions that REALLY matter - like, If God is all knowing - why did he put Satan in charge of the Garden of Eden if he already knew the outcome? Why did he have to destroy the entire earth in a flood if the "world of that time" was isolated to a small area. If the world is only 6,000 years old - how do we explain the dinasours? If God loves children so much - why did he order the Isrealites to destroy them during war? If I KNOW someone was wrongly accused of something and disfellowshipped, aren't I following men instead of God by shunning them? What exactly does John 1:1 mean? If the bible says there is only ONE God and all other Gods are false gods - then does this mean Jesus is a false God? And if not - then he must be God?

These are some of the questions I had and was counseled not to ask! For crying out loud - "Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?" - go eat a donut and add up your service time for the month - hopefully you won't have to add into the double digits - that might tax your brain too much!

• Dawn
    Dawn

Here's another one...

Question: "What do you want to do in the new system?" - Answer " I want to go and play with all of the lions and polar bears and eagles and sharks and all of them animals!!!"

Ok - Now MY Question - "What do you want to do in the new system WHEN YOU GROW UP???" Krap - I have to quit looking at that site - it's killing me!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Dawn- I know what you mean I have spent alot of time on that site as well. It is really crazy, but alot of times when I'm reading on there I get reminded of back when I was in. And the little bubble that you are kept in to be safe from reality, heaven forbid you have any real questions. Like you said you were counseled not to ask such questions. I remember being told that alot of the things I was wondering about were things that Jehovah was handling and maybe we just weren't meant to understand.

• Frog
    Frog

How can man be created in god's image, if he is an all-knowing, omnipotent, omnipresent, transcendent, "supernatural being" etc? If humans are the ultimate purpose of the universe, and the centre of "god's" love and attention, then how come he gets his rocks off from imposing suffering on millions of tiny babies just cause he was p!ssed of with satan da debil for challenging his "right to rule" this miniscule planet? Sure 1000days is like a day in the life of the great jehoba, but it aint like that for us mere mortals livin down her on this great big blue green thing! God is a f*cked up concept, a delusion to distract us from accepting life as it is without perfection....and yet he is real to so many, so this god person is made real through the consequences of how we think...

• I quit!
    I quit!

Here is another one for you to ponder Dawn.

Why do men have nipples??????? Has the WT ever come up with an answer for that one?

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

At first conception, all humans are female. It isn't until later in the pregnancy that they develop male characteristics. Therefore, nipples.

Dawn. Thank you so much for posting this. I have had similar feelings. I was raised by my mother so I tend to feel first. As cold as I can appear, this is the beginning of analyzation for me. In the troof, I "felt" like WTF is going on here? People were just unkind. I wondered why I found no truly satisfying answers to my lifes questions. The repetition made me wonder why I was being told I was happy and wasn't. I turned this inside on myself until I realized that I wasn't alone, I was just the only one that was willing to accept and admit that we were living in vats of goop with plugs in us(matrix reference).

Then all of the questions started. I like to think that I'm intelligent. Why can I not explain the a in John 1:1? Why do I hate reading about God killing hordes of people? Why do all people have to subscribe to Christianity or die, especially when for generations they may have believed in spirit guides, etc? Why in some places does Jesus seem like a pompus prick to me? Why are these freaking tools for Elders lording it over me because I'm a better speaker than them? Why do I always have to do more, yet the Elders who I am to imitate seem to be doing less? Why can I not hear my mother/a sister I am dating/sister awesome pray? Why, why, why? They never stop.

Sadly I find myself suddenly at peace when I read posts from Tetra and GBL, simply because their way of thinking would solve a lot of these unsolvables for me.

CHL

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    If I KNOW someone was wrongly accused of something and disfellowshipped, aren't I following men instead of God by shunning them?

good point...well made

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit