Service Meeting Schedule Week of Nov. 14, 2005

by TheListener 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheListener
    TheListener

Song 220

10 min: Local announcements. Selected Announcements from Our Kingdom Minstry. Use the suggestions on page 4 (if appropriate for your territory) to demonstrate how to present the November 15 Watchtower and the November 22 Awake! Other realistic presentations may be used. In each demonstration, show a different way to handle the conversation stopper "I'm not interested in religion." - See Reasoning Book, pp. 16-17.

15 min: Contributions That Warm God's Heart. Talk by an elder based on the November 1, 2005, Watchtower, pages 26-30.

20 min: "Declare Jehovah's Glory." * When considering paragraph 4, invite the audience to relate brief experiences showing how fine conduct can open the way to give a witness.

Song 24 and concluding prayer.

*Limit introductory comments to less than a minute, and follow with a question-and-answer discussion.

• blondie
    blondie
    realistic presentations

Whose reality?

rs pp. 16-17 How You Might Respond to Potential Conversation Stoppers ***

‘I’M

NOT INTERESTED IN RELIGION’

• ‘I can understand how you feel. Frankly, the churches are not making this world a safer place to live, are they? . . . May I ask, Have you always felt the way you do now? . . . But do you believe in God?’

• ‘There are a lot of people who share your view. Religion has not really helped them. That is one reason why we are calling—because the churches have not told people the truth about God and his wonderful purpose for mankind.’

• ‘But I am sure that you are interested in your own future. Did you know that the Bible foretold the very conditions that exist in the world today? . . . And it shows what the outcome will be.’

• ‘Have you always felt that way? . . . How do you feel about the future?’

Contributions That Warm God's The WTS/Slave's Heart Talk by an elder based on the November 1, 2005, Watchtower, pages 26-30.

(Get the money cranking out. Remind them they can take it off on their taxes and the end of the tax year is coming up.)

relate brief experiences showing how fine conduct can open the way to give a witness.

Unless the brother prepares ahead of time for this, asking people in his book study, the pioneers, or his family, he may have to resort to finding an outdated experience in the publications. Under no circumstances, does he come to the meeting without knowing for sure he has someone to "volunteer" unasked to give an experience. I knew a brother who would make one up if he couldn't find one.

Blondie

• Shania
    Shania

Thank You for keeping us informed. I have that November WT , I don't recall them ever giving a talk about planned giving like this before....................BEWARE you old folks THEY WANT YOUR HOUSE SO WHEN YOU DIE MAKE SURE IT IS WILLED TO THE TOWER............. how sick, if everything is Jehovahs, WHY DO THEY HAVE TO TAKE FROM THE ELDERLY?

• VM44
    VM44

One conversation stopper that is sure to work everytime with a JW.

JW: "Hello we have an important message we are bringing people in your neighborhood today."

Housholder: "I am glad you called today. I am an apostate! and I have some information for you."

JW: [Eyes open wide, and backs quickly away from the door while holding their bookbag in front of them as a shield]

--VM44 (of the scenario class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit