JWD cookbooks

by Lady Lee 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/cookbook.aspx

A couple of years ago the posters on JWD got together and we created a couple of cookbooks. Both books are pdf files

"Food at the Proper Time" eCookbook

Food at the Proper Time is a compilation of recipes from around the world submitted by the participants of the JW Discussion forum. Many of the contributors are ex-Jehovah's Witnesses who are not permitted to associate with family because they have either left or been expelled from the religion. When leaving the religious community, most understand that their opportunity to sit with family and friends over a table and share food will be seriously limited or non-existent. Few realized how painful this lack of connection would be.

For many the JWD community has become the source of friendships, family and healing. When possible small groups have met in their local areas to enjoy the friendship, support and understanding from others who fully understand their losses. And one important activity is the sharing of food, sometimes in a local restaurant and sometimes at someone's home.

This cookbook is another way to share this meeting together and connection to community. We have come together to share our recipes and in doing so, free ourselves from the man-made rules of the religion we once believed in. We have worked on this project with a couple of goals: to share fine food and friendship and to help support the discussion board where we meet from all over the world. Therefore all proceeds of this book will go to help support and maintain the JWD and to help defray expenses and keep the board active and growing.

Food in Due Season is also a compilation of recipes submitted by the participants of the JW Discussion forum.

Due to the Jehovah's Witness prohibition against the celebration of holidays few of those who leave have learned the traditions of the holidays. Some have had to struggle with learning these traditions or create their own. This is our attempt to share with others some of the foods we have come to enjoy.

We have worked on this project with a couple of goals: to share fine food and friendship and to help support the discussion board where we meet from all over the world. As our gift to each other we offer this free to all the posters of JWD and their friends and family.

If you haven't seen them take a look at Food in Due Season

• horrible life
    horrible life

I'm interested, Lady Lee, but can't find it. Please include a link. Thanks HL

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Ok there's proof I'm still distracted. Sorry

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/cookbook.aspx

• mariposa
    mariposa

Cool thanks! Since I'm home with my new baby almost all time, I've been cooking ALOT. Just tried something else new tonight.

I never really liked cooking before, but now I've pretty much cooked everything in the ONE good cookbook I have. So I needed some new recipes.

If you've got any favorites, let me know.

• horrible life
    horrible life

If you ever add to it, I have some wonderful items I would love to share!!!!! HL

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Mariposa you'll find all kinds of recipes -from the simple to the sublime

Well I might think about it if I ever get done with the Best of threads.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit