Why do dubs bother having children?

by gringojj 9 Replies latest jw friends

• gringojj
    gringojj

My mother in law had 4 kids and none of them are currently "progressing in the truth". She flat out told my wife that she was sad that none of her kids were in the truth and that it would be a waste of time to have relationships with any of them because of that.

So why even bother bringing kids into "this wicked system of things"?

Why bother having kids if you know from the start you cannot give them unconditional love and attention?

Is that really fair?

• xjwms
    xjwms

When I got married ... having children was discourged

Never had children

I think now with the mind set I had, ... it was a good thing.

With the mind set I have NOW, ..... sometimes I wonder how different my life would be.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

who said life was fair.

Years ago people had kids. No planning required. You have to take a course to drive a car, run a daycare centre, give first aid to someone.

Parents - no training required

Ummm I'm a tad down on parents right now - especially incaring unfeeling mothers

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

The truly faithful don't have kids. my parents were missionaries in spain, unofficially - they just went out there to help out under Franco with only basic spanish. but they got pregnant with me. my sisters aren't veen having boyfriends and will be in their 30's as virgins soon.

I must be faithful too - cos I can't bear to bring kids here either!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Before 1995 they were perhaps driven by the idea that the new system is very near and that it will be good to have kids, they wouldn't have to grow up for long under this evil system.

• Cellist
    Cellist

To have an excuse for not pioneering of course. Otherwise the pressure will always be there. For a married woman, even the excuse of a job isn't enough. They just put the pressure on to "simplify" and quit work.

Cellist

• Scully
    Scully

It gives them someone to shun in their golden years, and an excuse to complain to their Brothers™ and Sisters™ about how Satan the Devil™ is Persecuting™ them for being in The Truth™.

It gives them an excuse to bequeath their estates to the Watchtower Society instead of family.

It gives them an opportunity to feel superior to their children who may have realized that it was a good idea to get an education and a good career in The World™, when they gave up those things for the Sake of The Truth™.

• kristyann
    kristyann

Yeah, I agree completely... it gives them someone to boss around for a little while, and then when the kid leaves because they're too smart for it, it gives them someone to blame for things, whine about, etc. The JW parents of the guy I am dating are hicks and seem to have had kids so that they could have some people to do stuff around the house for them... they live in like this old run-down dump and have the kids do all of the work around the house. The mother has no job but doesn't cook or clean or anything... the kids do all that... the father doesn't do anything, either. Actually, I think a lot of hicks (not just JW ones) have kids for these reasons (and also to take care of them when they're old so they won't be alone). But since many JW parents have kids much smarter than them that they end up shunning anyway, I think it's just to have someone to blame... and also in the case of the guy I am dating, his parents OF COURSE needed someone to beat with a belt (or a wooden spoon or hairbrushes or paint stirrers or their fists) and someone to pull the hair of and someone to push down stairs when they were angry! They needed someone to literally PUNCH IN THE FACE when they were angry... so that's why they had kids! Isn't that a beautiful reason? Poor, innocent little babies who did nothing wrong and who didn't ask to be born, let alone to such low-lives...

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

There was an exemplary young elder/elderette couple in my parents congo who discovered (gasp) to their amazement and great distress that they were pregnant, and right before 1995! How could that have happened! They were extremely upset about it and really did not welcome their son. They had been childless up till his birth, and both were pioneers in their late 30's. They were llamenting about how this couldn't have come at a worse time, with the tribulation almost here, and having an infant to care for too! Sad, poor kid. Maybe in another couple of years, he'll be posting on this board, lol!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The JW parents of the guy I am dating are hicks and seem to have had kids so that they could have some people to do stuff around the house for them... they live in like this old run-down dump and have the kids do all of the work around the house. The mother has no job but doesn't cook or clean or anything... the kids do all that... the father doesn't do anything, either.

I thought at one time that only people who live in Appalachia were like this. Until I became a loyal JW and visited other areas of the world 'spreading the WT Good News'. Then I realised that most JW's are either hicks or uneducated, or both.

An educated Jehovah's Witness is soon-to-be a former Jehovah's Witness.

Bob Evans - Former JW

Walland, Tennessee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit