Mister Coffee

by professor 5 Replies latest jw friends

• professor
    professor

When I was a teen JW youth, a Bethelite couple from our congregation came back from Bethel for a visit and told me a story about Mr. Coffee. He was some guy that stood outside Bethel often in the morning, protesting the Watchtower society and came to be known among Bethelites as Mr. Coffee. Does anyone here know who this person is? Does anyone know the identity of Mr. Coffee? This story came to me circa 1986.

-pro

• Confession
    Confession

Yes, that was a famous story around my parts too. I'd heard he was a former JW who took particular exception to the Society's not condemning the use of caffeine. I also remember hearing that he died some time ago. I'm sure many here will have the specifics.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

He was a trip alright. I think the last time I saw him was 1984 / 1985???

Disgruntled, apostate, something or other. Loud, funny, anti-coffee.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I saw him get in the face of a couple GB members. Pretty funny.

-ithinkisee

• blondie
    blondie

I saw Mr Coffee at work a few times. I think he only came during the morning and lunch breaks when Bethelites would be on their way from eating to work.

I thought it was sad in a way for him.

There was another man I think too and they called him Mr Creamer.

I never got the straight story about him.

He was real but a lot of the "details" about him were suspicious and the stuff of urban legends.

Blondie

• professor
    professor

Wow. Only here could I find people who know about something this obscure from 20 years ago!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit