Good College Vs. Evil Watchtower

by metatron 3 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Some observations about college degrees taken from the Sept. 25, 05 New York Times Op-Ed section, under the heading,

"The Education Gap".

"College graduates earn nearly twice as much as high school graduates, and people with professional degrees earn nearly twice as much as

those with college degrees.... You are beginning to see vast behavioral differences between the two groups.

For example, divorce rates for college grads are plummeting, but they are not for everyone else. The divorce rate for high school grads is

now twice as high as that of college grads....

High school grads are twice as likely to smoke as college grads. They are much less likely to exercise.....College grads are ... more

than twice as likely to do volunteer work. ..... These behavioral gaps are widening."

The article is warning about the danger of social stratification - in which the rich get richer and the poor - uneducated - get left

behind, perhaps for generations, given the mounting cost of college.

This is the impoverishment the Watchtower wants to entrap young people in. What better way to control them?

metatron

• jula71
    jula71

Simple concept to keep people in. Who needs a "paradise" more than a person with nothing or struggling to get by?

• Mary
    Mary
    College graduates earn nearly twice as much as high school graduates, and people with professional degrees earn nearly twice as much as those with college degrees

Ya but obviously you never read that post from the Circuit Assembly where a worldly person said that the Ministry School is equal to a 4 year college program.

• hoser
    hoser

I would like to say that in my life being enrolled in the TMS has made me money although toastmasters would have done me better

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit