Land of the rising sun

by void 9 Replies latest jw friends

• void
    void

Anybody out here? Japan has the second highest % of JWs in the world (America being tops). Just wondering is there any gaijin over here. Mind you its funny how JWs act here, when they do street work they just hold up their mags in plastic covers(everything in Japan has to be in a plastic cover ha ha.) Also they come out with weird broken English sentences like " I am Jehover" which cracks me up every time. I also find it amazing that Americans, British and Japanese will pronounce Jehovah, Jehover, you know the type. Also things such as bad dress sence are international, I guess they all want to be clones of the covers on the paradise tract or something. I have not been to a meeting here(since I am fallen away) but it would creep me out to be lovebombed be some Japanese.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Void:

We're very pleased to welcome another poster from the Land of the Rising Sun - Welcome Aboard!

Have you any news for us about all things borg in Japan? Like, how many more congregations have been closed ("simplification") this year?

Do let us know.

Cheers, Ozzie

• blondie
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

That's old news, Blondie!

• blondie
    blondie

Oh, well, we'll just to get the website owner to get on the stick.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yep, it's a very valuable resource - I have it in my favorites.

I really hope it can be updated.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    when they do street work they just hold up their mags in plastic covers(everything in Japan has to be in a plastic cover ha ha.)

When Mrs Ozzie and I have visited (several times now), we have been rather bemused by that. We were in a supermarket and saw blocls of Cadbury's Dairy Milk in the familiar purple wrapping but this was covered (so neatly) in clear plastic!!

I gotta like those people!

• void
    void

Cool ozzie, you have been here. Yeah everything i wrapped in about 10 layers of plastic, the think is if you buy a box of cookies it will have a bag, will have a cover covering the packaging and then each cookie is individually wrapped. Its a pain in the arse when you want to go on a binge. As for the JWs, Japanese are extremely faddish, I guess being a witness about 10 years ago was kind of popular. Since everything American gets adopted here. (there are quite a few mormons there too). But normal Japanese just tend to laugh them off, as real Japanese are not religious at all. I remember one time my mother said to me before thinking about going to Asia, is that Asians are good at being told what to do and can easily be converted, also that they dont go against the flow bla bla bla. It really disgusts me. In Japan there are Christian schools, they are pretty cheap in comparison to normal highschools, but the children are forced to go to religious class, I have spoken to many students what went to such and they think it is all crap. But I guess JWs are missing out on the captive audience. Another funny thing is that White JWs and Japanese JWs look almost exactly the same, it seems that their lack of life is shown in their faces.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Another funny thing is that White JWs and Japanese JWs look almost exactly the same, it seems that their lack of life is shown in their faces.

LOL !! I like it!!

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

I was walking down the street in Tokyo in a group of about 10. A JW sticks the Awake in my face and mumbles something. Why me? Out of 10 people, me? It's like they can smell ex-JW on you. LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit