I've got a bun in the oven!!

by bagpuss 7 Replies latest jw friends

• bagpuss
    bagpuss

Well a cake actually - a christmas cake!

This is the second year I've made one since leaving the borg and it's one of the main things I missed during the dark years when I pretended that christmas was humbug and I never really liked it anyway!

What about you? What if anything did you miss most about christmas?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Tricky little 'hook' there BP. I was all prepared to congrats on the baby. LOL

Jeff

• daystar
    daystar

Hey! You tricked me!

I never missed anything since I was raised in. But it has been hard becoming accustomed to the holidays. I find I have to work very hard to keep in the spirit of things. But I'm trying.

• kls
    kls
    Tricky little 'hook' there BP. I was all prepared to congrats on the baby. LOL

Me too

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

You had me fooled as well BP, I was gonna congratulate you on your "good news". I hope you enjoy the cake though.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I regret that I let my children miss out. I loved Christmas. I remember eagerly awaiting Christmas morning so that I could open the gifts. I remember mom being up all night cooking, such wonderful smells! I loved the holiday smells...pine, apples and oranges, nutmeg, cinnamon...all that stuff! I hate that my children missed out on that.

• delilah
    delilah

hahahahaa.....nice one BP.... We had Christmas until I was about 10, then we switched religions....I always missed the holidays. It was really hard on me. So, now I make up for it....I begin to decorate, little by little, the first of November. I really missed my Gran's Christmas puddings....and carrot pudding with the delicious rum sauce.....I love to bake the shortbread cookies...I just LOVE Christmas......my favorite time of year.

• Es
    Es

LOL

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit