How did the Slave Class' feed one another' in Russells time?

by gumby 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

The CURRENT teaching among Jehovahs Witnesses is that since Pentecost of 33c.e., Jehovah has had a Faithfull and Discreet Slave class on earth AT ANY GIVEN TIME who feeds one another spiritual food. They have not deviated from this teaching.......yet nowhere will you find out WHERE Charles Taze Russell recieved a feeding from any existing Slace Class from HIS TIME.

Search all you want...and you will NEVER find a 'Slave Class' who Russell recieved his food from. All articles point to Russell as the single slave since no others were viewed as a slave of his time.....rather that TRUTHS were dispensed by him although some of his ideas originated with others....though these "others" were never recognised as a "Slave Class"..rather some men who never really had it right.

Watchtower 1922 September 15 p.279

TESTS AND TEMPTATIONS

THE TEST OF LOYALTY

One of the chief temptations to the church has been in respect to loyalty to God's arrangements for it. Since the days when in the providences of God our late beloved leader came into prominnce as the chief representative of the Lord's people and stood before them as "that servant" who had charge of his Master's goods, every indication of the Lord's providence has shown that God gave Brother Russell to the church to be as a mouthpiece for him; and those who claim to have learned the truth apart from Brother Russell and his writings have been manifested by the Lord as deceivers, ready to lead the flock of God in their way.

Since Brother Russell's death the evidence of God's favor upon the Society, which was organized by Brother Russell for the furtherance of the Lord's work, has been manifested as clearly as it was previously upon him. Satan has attempted by many attacks upon this fact to break it down; to cause the Lord's people to believe: (1) that Brother Russell was not the only channel by which the Lord would lead his people; and (2) that the Society in its organized capacity could not be a channel for the Lord.

• minimus
    minimus

Gumby, your thread is one of my main arguments against the FDS doctrine. It simply makes no sense. Besides, if history (WT.) has it right, the "slave" was always wrong. Never has the "slave" been 100% correct. And they come from Jehovah God???

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby, your thread is one of my main arguments against the FDS doctrine.

Mornin Min. Too many witnesses use arguments that go nowhere with those they debate with such as the Trinity or False Prophecy.

The "Slave Class" is a foundational doctrine that the Organisation is built upon. It's an easy one to disprove.....yet so few use it to prove the WTBTS a farce.

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

Gumby, that's why we're sooooooooooooo smart.

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby, that's why we're sooooooooooooo smart.

True! It's too bad we didn't see it sooner. Maybe we ain't so smart min. I was 40 years old before realising I'd been had.....and so were you. Maybe we're really slow dumb bastards.......... Gumsucker

• Ticker
    Ticker

Its because its very hard to get past the blockades that a indoctrinated person throws up. I have had numerous discussions with witnesses on the lack of evidence for an organization and even though they lack any biblical backing they still maintain that they can not be wrong. It's difficult to get past this mindset because they have a feeling of eliteness and that they have all the answers. Even when presented with problems in their belief system or outright false statements they go into auto-pilot, which usually equates to circular reasoning. etc. "We can't be wrong because it's God's organization. If it's God's organization we can't be wrong."

Thats what I find difficult to overcome, because even when presented with all the evidence their indoctrination is a huge obstacle to overcome and I believe they have to want help to be helped. Some are perfectly happy being misled and do not want help, others are further strengthened in their resolve to serve the watchtower by such exposing information, actually leading to the opposite desired effect. I affirmatively believe that it is a psychological battle due to the power of indoctrination, yet so few research the psychological effects of high control groups but rather soley focus on doctrine.

Ticker

• Honesty
    Honesty

How did the Slave Class' feed one another' in Russells time?

Same way it is done today. A lot of darkness, manure and mold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit