Andrea Yates and the cult connection

by gringojj 4 Replies latest jw friends

• gringojj
    gringojj

I was watching an E true hollywood story about Andrea Yates last night. I had heard of the murder before, but I didnt realize there was cult influence. It seems the Yates had gotten mixed up with a man who preached the bible and was a self proclaimed prophet. He always laid the guilt trip on them and said they werent doing enough. Although he was not directly the cause of this tragedy, his preaching message definately influenced Andreas physcosis. When they talked about the way he ran is little cult, it seemed like a mini version of the WTS. Anyone else hear about this?

• under74
    under74

I heard she was a devout Christian and was a part of a small group following a guy that thought women were to blame for the trouble in the world and that you're (as a woman) supposed to have as many children as possible. But I heard different things like Andrea Yates followed this but her husband didn't or that her husband believed in this and pressured her into it....or her family (parents, brothers, sisters) believed in this and led her to it......regardless though, you're right gringojj, it's probably not the total cause but it didn't help any.

• under74
    under74

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Peter_Woroniecki

It says at the top of the page that the info is disputed but a lot of what is written here I heard or read on regular newscasts or reports. I think it's disputed because the person that wrote it didn't stay un biased in tone.

• gringojj
    gringojj

Thanks Under74!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• under74
    under74

Did you see she was just granted a new trail?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit