French wine and blood

by Kenneson 8 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The following article has caused quite a tizzy on a Jehovah's Witness board that I frequent. It is entitled "French wine may contain cow's blood." Kind of reminds me of the days of lecithin. But, than, in this case, it seems justifiable in view of mad cow disease. What are your thoughts?

http://www.igreens.org.uk/french_wine_may_contain_cow.htm

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

oh shit, r the j-dubs saying something???? it must be true... damn no more french wine for me...

the infamous one

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

what? i thought wine was blood? jesus said so...

so, that's why i enjoy the french so much! this explains a lot. thank you.

TS

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

http://anesthesiologyinfo.com/articles/02032002.php Blood Substitute Hemopure Approved for Use in Human Patients

(Originally posted 28 May 2001 on About Anesthesiology)

Hemopure, a blood substitute product from Biopure Corporation, has recently been approved for marketing and use in adult patients in South Africa. The product has the specific indication of acute anemia related to surgery. This is the first blood substitute to be approved in any country for general use.

Hemopure is a product that is made from highly purified bovine blood and only claims to provide a form of hemoglobin to assist in the delivery of oxygen to end organs and tissues. It does not substitute otherwise for blood - meaning that it may not improve hemodynamics in many cases. In addition, it differs from blood in that it has a shorter circulation time (only one or two days).

Hemopure does not require refrigeration, so it can be kept readily available for use in the operating room. In addition, the company claims that there is no risk for infection with this product. The manufacturing process removes or inactivates viruses, including HIV and hepatitis C.

In addition, some have been concerned because this is a product that comes from cows; the recent highlights on bovine spongiform encephalopathy (mad cow disease) has brought this issue to the forefront. However, the company states that this is not an issue or risk with this product, again because of the purification process.

Hemopure has been found to be acceptable for use for Jehovah's Witnesses, a group of patients that refuse the transfusion of human blood products for religious reasons. Other clinical applications remain to be determined as the product becomes available and further studies are done.

The product should be available in South Africa beginning in early 2002. The company plans to file for approval in Europe and the United States prior to the product's release in South Africa. They base their regulatory filings on over twenty clinical studies conducted in many countries.

• Mary
    Mary

Here's something I found to be very interesting:

COCONUTS CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE:

1. The coconut is one of the greatest gifts of this planet.
    2. Coconuts are a prehistoric plantation which can survive many months floating at sea.
    3. The coconut is a natural water filter that takes almost 9 months to filter each liter of water. The water travels through many fibers being purified where it is stored away STERILE in the nut itself. This coconut water is pure clear and is one of the highest sources of electrolytes known to man.
    4. Coconut water is identical to human blood plasma which makes it the universal donor. Plasma makes up 55% of human blood.
    5. By drinking coconut syrups we give ourselves a instant blood transfusion.
    6. Many peoples lives have been saved in 3rd world countries by the coconut water as a replacement to glucose(if unavailable) which is used to inject in human body under severe body conditions.
    7. Coconut water are also used by military people to save their co- workers for the same reason as just stated before.
    8. Coconuts in their young stage of growth are the most health enhancing.
    9. Drink at least one a day (I drink 5 or 6).
    10. Coconuts are a great blood purifier.
  • kid-A
    kid-A

No wonder I prefer French Wine!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wow... at first I thought thist *had* to be a bogus urban legend... but it turns out that it is not!

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/evian.asp

I wonder if it would be possible to slip a JW some french wine? Even better... provide french wine for memorial.

• IronGland
    IronGland

Has anyone told them cow meat contains cow blood?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Shit - how long before there are warnings in the Watchtower. I long since hgave up drinking French Wine - I truly prefer New World Wines - -Californain, Australian, Chilean, Argentinain and South African- but that is me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit