Bravo Americans !

by Simon 4 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

It seems some at least see the sense in going with Kyoto-style climate controls instead of the short-term madness that Bush and co. want to follow.

There was a long news item today about the companies backing it who see it as creating a competitive edge - one that would be lost if they followed the current whitehouse policies with dire consequences to American business long-term.

Arnie seems to be getting with the programme too for california ... brilliant!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4400534.stm

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I'm with you Simon!!! I can't believe this idiot of a president that we have to put up with for 2 + more years...If we had these controls in place now there would be NO NEED to drill in ALASKA!!! (Does it show that I was head of the ecology club in HS?)

Swalker (Of SAVE OUR PLANET...NO ONE ELSE IS GOING TO!)

• Simon
    Simon

It's good that states can decide for themselves what they think is best without having to just follow the whitehouse rules.

The arguments they gave for going it were very compelling. Apart from the effect on the planet which they agreed there was overwhelming evidence for, going the government way would also put America right to the back of the list in terms of efficiency and technology.

But hey, what do Bush and Cheney care? As long as they make their billions in the short term, screw the millions of other Americans ...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sadly still far too many GAS GUZZLING SUVs out there

• jula71
    jula71
    GAS GUZZLING SUV

Who told you what I wanted for Xmas??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit