The 8th King of Daniel 7 etc.

by Schizm 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Schizm
    Schizm

The horn (see pic below) that the WTS believes is the 7th King is actually the 8th King instead--a King that has yet to arise. Absolutely, with regards to the WTS's understandings there are refinements that will have to be made. This (the proper identity of the little horn) is just one of a number of adjustments that the WTS will have to make. Daniel 11:35 foretells that such refinements will come about just prior to the start of the "time of the end" (which hasn't begun yet, although the WTS thinks it did in 1914) . It will be interesting to watch as these refinements come about. But how, exactly, will these refinements come about? Will the leadership (Governing Body) simply realize where all the mistakes are on their own, and then set about correcting them? No, not according to Daniel 11:35! The way in which that prophecy explains it will happen, is that the leadership will REACT to people having stumbled over false teachings. Apparently, people who have "insight" enough to be able to detect such errors, rather than being complacent about it they will voice their concerns.

Click on image to enlarge. alt

• Schizm
    Schizm

Is the image that I posted visible, or do you only see a red X ?
    If it's not visible you should be able to see it at one of these links: http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1808/1427/1600/scan0001.0.jpg http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1808/1427/200/scan0001.jpg

• heathen
    heathen

The picture shows up just fine . I think the WTBTS lacks the humility to take responsiblity for their history .As far as I know they believe the 8th king to be the UN . I do have the video on that I think it was the bible accurate prophesy , something like that .

• Schizm
    Schizm

Heathen,

I can't get the image to show up at all now. I now get the message: "Access Denied". The link that I provided was to Robert King's site, where he has posted the image from out of the WTS's publication. Now that link doesn't work.

As far as I know they believe the 8th king to be the UN.

Yes, that's true, the WTS does believe that the 8th King is the United Nations. But, they don't believe that the "little horn" of Daniel 7 is the 8th King. Instead, they believe it's the 7th King, which they interpret as being the United States and Great Britain. The WTS is wrong on all 3 counts. The 8th King is NOT the United Nations. The "little horn" is NOT the 7th King, it's the 8th King. And, the 7th King is certainly NOT the United States and Great Britain.

• heathen
    heathen

I'm quite sure I see a beastly image , no mistaking that ugly thing . I think the WTBTS says that the lamb beast of revelation keeps proclaiming it is the scarlet beast . I can see myself that the US britain alliance just went against the UN to invade Iraq but still thinks it is a member of the UN and is enforcing the UN law . Any other nation that did that would be thrown out or have sanctions put on them .

• City Fan
    City Fan
    The WTS is wrong on all 3 counts

You seem equally clueless.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Oh dear, City Fan. Here come accusation of garbage spewing from your faultfinding mouth. I know it's juvenile. Don't worry about it. It is the only way Schizm knows how to deal with disagreement, attack the person who disagrees.

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit