HELP NEEDED RE: WTS ORGINIZATIONAL CHANGES.

by Gianluca 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

Hello all,

I've just been back from a months holiday. Nice to see that this site is still very active!

A JW friend would like to read tha actual WTS press release where it says that Don Adams is tha naw WTS president.
    I searched JW-media.org for her but did not find it. I found a WTS press release but Adams is not mentioned in it.
    If anyone has links to site that have info on the subject please let me know.
    I would also appreciate any links to newspaper articles on the subject.

Thank you for your help.

Ciao
    Gianluca

• Anchor
    Anchor

Look to the inside cover of The Watchtower, down at the bottom, with publisher information. That is as official as it gets.

You'll find the name there. Easier than dredging up some press release, which probably didn't happen anyway.

Anchor

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Gianluca,

I have sent you an e-mail with an article that appeared March 5, 2001, in Christianity Today magazine. It outlines the new WTBTS corporate structure, with Don Adams as president.

When I tried to put a link here, I was unsuccessful. But for those who would like to see it go to:

http://www.ChristianityToday.com

and type in Jehovah's Witnesses into search. You will get many 'results' - I think it is the 3rd or 4th one down...that deals with the reorganization.

Hope you had a lovely holiday!

• julien
    julien

Does anyone have the number for his shoe phone, I would like to have a few words with him..

• Moxy
    Moxy

"You think you've got us JWs beat, but we are surrounded by 12 legions of Jehovah's angelic warriors, ready to smite you good."

"We don't believe you."

"Would you believe one legion of cranky Bethelites?"

"No."

"How about Milton Henschell with a baseball bat?"

mox

I asked you not to tell me that.

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

Hi Zazuwitts,

Thanks for the article you emailed me.

Hi Anchor,

I Looked at the inside cover of The Watchtower and there is no mention of Don Adams but the presidents name is a certain Larson, president if the WTBTS of New York

Regards
    Gianluca.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Given the secrecy of this information and it's vital interest to national security, shouldn't everyone be using the "Cone Of Silence"?

• Anchor
    Anchor

Duhh. Red-faced, I confess not to looking at the small print lately.

You are right, the inside magazine cover shows the copyright held by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of PA, but publisher is Watchtower of New York, Inc. Max Larson was for many, many years the Factory Servant/Overseer and has the title of Pres of the NY corp.

I knew that but I had forgotten that Milton Henschel was president of BOTH NY and PA corps. His name was on the magazine inside cover. Adams is pres of the PA corporation and runs the Executive office in Brooklyn.

Ooops, sorry.

Anchor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit