update on my neutropenia

by buffalosrfree 5 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Went to Dr. again, they believe i am either severly malnourished or have cancer. So there i sit and wanted to laugh because with all the test that they have taken, I am still in the same bag I was several weeks ago. took more blood for more tests. well just wanted to let ya know.

• Periodic Bedlam
    Periodic Bedlam

B,

There are lots of causes for neutropenia and different degrees of severity. Work with your doctor in finding the cause and in the mean time, contact your doctor immediately if you run any fevers or show signs of having any infection. What kinds of tests have you had and are you going to have a bone marrow biopsy? Hopefully the results of your tests show a cause much less severe than cancer and more easily treatable. Keep us posted.

PB

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I hadn't seen your earlier post.

Thank you for your 25 years of service to your country and the free world.

Now, about your medical problem; are you OK with telling us a little about yourself?

Were you surprised, for instance, to hear tht you might be malnourished?

Were you exposed to Agent Orange during the nearly 4 years you spent in 'Nam?

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Sorry about the delay in replying.

Yes I was aware of the fact about being malnourished, I had gastricbypass op last year, but haven't quit losing weight, had stopped for awhile and then have continued along with being very weak and run down. The Drs. aren't sure what is causing it. The malnutrition, or the possibility of Leukemia, just would like to find out which one, the weight loss has really accelerated in the last month. I am wearing clothes sizes that I hadn't been able to wear since high school, and that was many years ago.

Which ever it is I just wish they could get it diagnosed correctly so we can get on the road to redemption so to speak and get it taken care of or at least try to.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well that's it. I'd considered the gastric bypass operation myself, but not any more.

I had to google your condition to understand what you are experiencing. I pray the doctors discover the cause sooner rather than later.

• luna2
    luna2

What jgnat said! This is one of the things that most bothers me about doctors...it takes a hundred expensive tests to figure anything out...if you're lucky (and, yes, I know I'm somewhat unreasonable...I have a doctor phobia). I hope they come through for you soon so you can start treatment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit