controversial music

by The Jester 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• The Jester
    The Jester

is it just me, or is controversial music more truthful than, lets say...."The Truth" ??? i've been warned against music like this since as long as i can remember but nuthing stopped me from listening to it and relating better to tha lyrics than any speech i've been givin at meetings. Music is a big part of my life and i'm making it a career goal, but i hear that JW's cant go into tha entertainment business... your trying to tell me that a job that puts food on tha table, and a lil more, is any different from selling shoes in a lil store?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

welcome to the board Jester!

i so know what you are talking about. it was always like that for me too. Ironically, when i left da troof i was mostly listening to J.S. Bach and Vivaldi. The rock stars of their day, especially Vivaldi.

do you like Buck65? just litening to him right now.

TS

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

welcome to the site boyee.... and theres nothign wrong with a shoe store... the emphasis on music and it being improper is because the society knows how influential music can be... anything that goes against their bullshit is wrong.. they dont want u thinking for yourself, cuz then youll be smart enough to realize whats goin on, and ull walk away.. MUSIC IS THE DEVILL BECAUSE IT CAN MAKE YOU THINK!

whatever their bs is behind me, hopefully behind you too

the infamous one

• The Jester
    The Jester

lmao... well, i look up to Kurt Cobain and Eminem more than any elder i've met... does anyone else think they should modernize tha songs at meetings? hell, even Christians got rock and gospel rap. i might've been more slightly interested in staying in "tha truth" if i could at least pursue my music carrer for tha society... but they're sticking with their stone-age crap and besides, they're songs are just as full of lives as thier speeches...and its not even catchy. hell, i'd take pop music over that stuff...

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    well, i look up to Kurt Cobain and Eminem more than any elder i've met

he he, same here...

alt

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

Welcome, Jester!

welcome to the site boyee.... and theres nothign wrong with a shoe store... the emphasis on music and it being improper is because the society knows how influential music can be... anything that goes against their bullshit is wrong.. they dont want u thinking for yourself, cuz then youll be smart enough to realize whats goin on, and ull walk away.. MUSIC IS THE DEVILL BECAUSE IT CAN MAKE YOU THINK!

What Infamous said. On the other hand, if you had already made lots and lots of money in the industry, I'm sure you could be forgiven and accepted for a big fat contribution for the world wide work.

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Welcome! Musicians are like writers - less respectable than dishwashers. Only writers don't get the groupies. :(

• The Jester
    The Jester

haha... i'm a writer, not a musician. i rap cause i cant sing... besides, i want my words clear so people can hear wut i say...i'm gunna have tha society doing speeches warning about me specifically

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit