My friend fulofdoubnow (Linda)

by dedpoet 6 Replies latest jw friends

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

As many of you will know, my friend Linda left the wt last night, and I had the privilege of sharing the moment with her. And it was a privilege - she was so cool when she approached the po, I think I was more nervous than she was! Last night was kind of euphoric for both of us, but now I guess the hard work begins. I just spoke to her on the phone, and she is still feeling great. I read a few of your replies to her post out to her, and she will be here later, after she finishes work around 10pm UK time, to thankyou all.

After over half a lifetime being around the jw religion, breaking free won't be easy, but she's made a good start. She knows I'll be there for her, and in some ways more importantly, she knows most of you will be too, and believe me that is important for her, more so than maybe you think, so thanks for the welcome you have given her and all the support. I knew I could rely on you all.

The only downside for me is that she's hijacked my pc, she'll probably be using it more than me now! (only joking, I'm happy to let her).

Well, time to go to work, see y'all

dedpoet

• under74
    under74

I didn't see a welcome thread for her....so I'm welcoming her now

She has a good friend.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Congrats! I love seeing posts like that.

-ithinkisee

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm popping in to see if we need a chaperone.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I read about it last night,but my wife was too close for me to leave a message.I was really proud of her and the courage she displayed for standing up for what is right.I'm sure this man-made religion is slowly imploding and it makes me feel good.

Goldminer

• Legolas
    Legolas

It is great news!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

You must be on cloud 9. To have a friend come out of the org, that's awesome. Congrats to you, and of course to her. I did read her posts from last night, that was too cool. You both handled yourselves very well.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit