one verse to change lives

by zen nudist 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I think there is one verse in the bible, if properly understood would, I believe, definitely make all christians better people.

NAMELY

Mark 9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out

which I take to me, if you find something offensive in the world, change your own mind about it, rather than trying to change it. which fits JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED, etc.

what do you think?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

if properly understood would, I believe, definitely make all christians better people.
    maybe.... however, I think some "christians" understand a lot, and they're still schmucks.

• Cellist
    Cellist

I think there are a couple of more straight-forward verses that "Christians" should take to heart. It would make them better and happier people.

Proverbs 27:22 "Though you grind a fool in a mortar, grinding him like grain with a pestle, you will not remove his folly from him." NIV

1 Thessalonians 4:11 "Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you," NIV

In other words, quit trying to change the world. Except, perhaps, by example.

Cellist

• Carmel
    Carmel

"Oh son of spirit! Possess a pure kindly and radiant heart, that thine may be a sovereignty ancient, imperishable and everlasting"

Whoops, not the bibbbbbble!

carmel

• Cellist
    Cellist

Carmel,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit