I bought a bible today

by alreadygone 4 Replies latest jw friends

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

It is a Quest Study Bible (New International Version). Anyone familiar with it? What do you think of it?

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Why would you buy a bible? The WBTS has the NWT online for everyone with a computer and internet access to read for free!

Seriously, though. I like the NIV version. A friend of mine bought me a New Living Translation. It's OK too I suppose.

Enjoy.

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

I started reading it last night. I like it. It has three different "courses". The first course is a choice of three. Reading of the life and teachings of either Jesus or Paul or the teachings of the Old testament. The second course is a reading from each of the 66 books of the bible. The third is reading of the entire bible, which they estimate to take 3 years. They did acknowledge that others have suggested it be done in one year but felt that was too stringent and could become discouraging.

All in all, I am pleased with my purchase.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

When my buddy bought me my bible I tore through Gen and Exd but when I got to Lev it was like a high speed car crash into a brick wall. I just cant force myself to read it. I have used it for reference a bit though.

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

Darth,

I know exactly what you mean. That is why I liked this "course" schedule. I chose to start with the life/teachings of Jesus, which has you start reading in the book of Luke. It was kinda weird starting a book in the middle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit