top 10 things men/women love/hate?

by Pathofthorns 7 Replies latest social relationships

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

This link to the witnet singles (aka "dating twilight zone") was pretty good. Interesting lists, but watch the direction and focus of the replies. ("Of course, our young people aren't like the world") ha ha ha.

[url] http://discussion.witnesses.net/Forum46/HTML/002761.html[/url]

Edited by - Pathofthorns on 26 September 2000 13:12:12

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Never changes....LOL Witness men have always looked first at physical characteristics. Intelligence doesn't matter, in fact, it's usually a turnoff....intelligent women don't make long-lasting doormats.

Big boobs, big butts, small brain, and submissive....the perfect Christian wife.

• waiting
    waiting

Heeyyyyy,

Path was a jw man!

waiting

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Heyyyyy.

only part of me still is a JW man

path

• Tigger
    Tigger

I loved the wonderbra comment. LOL
    Its a argueing point Ive had with my mother. If your a "good" girl, but wear push up bras all the time isnt that going to be a big dissapointment for your hubby on your wedding night? False advertising really!!
    I think the perfect christian wife is actually big boobs, tiny waist, low IQ, no opinion or interests of their own, a good cook, willing to mirror his mother in every way and a god like reverance for the man of the house. Ooops I forgot the part about being willing to have heaps of snotting kids who whinge throughout every meeting, after all sex is just for procreation isnt it.

• waiting
    waiting

My Dear Tigger,

You've forgotten one of the finer, important elements, of a good Jehovah's Witnesses Wife.

"A worker at home." If, alas, her hard working husband cannot afford her expensive taste for electricity, shoes for children, etc., she may be forced to find a job outside the home. But we, as sisters, have been encouraged "not to think too much" of our job skills less we think too much of ourselves and get materialistic and leave our families.

And we've been warned - this happens all too frequently amongst the less mature Christian women.

However, janitorial jobs will do just fine for men and house cleaning jobs for women. All you need is a good strong back and little thinking ability. Thus, with these traits, staying safely within Jehovah's Organization and dining at the sumptuous banquet provided by the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

What woman could ask for anything more?

waiting

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns
    *** fl 58-9 5 A Wife Who Is Dearly Loved ***
    10 When discussing the activities of a “capable wife,” the book of Proverbs reports: “She also gets up while it is still night, and gives food to her household.” (Proverbs 31:15) Many young women start off married life with a handicap because their mothers did not teach them how to cook; but they can learn. And a wise woman will learn how to do it well! Cooking is an art. When a meal is prepared well, it not only fills the stomach but also brings response from the heart.

11 There is much that can be learned about preparing food. It is beneficial to become informed on the basics of nutrition so that you can safeguard the health of your family. But simply setting nutritious food before your husband is not necessarily going to win his praise. The Bible tells us that Isaac’s wife, Rebekah, knew how to prepare food in a “tasty” manner, in such a way that her husband was fond of it. (Genesis 27:14) Many wives could benefit from her example.

12 In some parts of the world women go to the market every morning to get the things that they need for the day. Elsewhere, they shop perhaps once a week and keep the perishables refrigerated. Whatever the case, a man cannot help but appreciate a wife who uses household funds carefully, and who respects the family budget. If she learns how to identify food and clothing that are of good quality, and knows their value, she will not always buy the first thing she sees. Rather, as Proverbs 31:14 says: “She has proved to be like the ships of a merchant. From far away she brings in her food.”

According to Carmel, you don't cook so well, do you Waiting??

Path

• waiting
    waiting

Yo! lil' boy......

...she learns how to identify food...

I've accomplished that cooking skill, what's your point?

I can "..." with the best of the WTBTS writers - and change the meaning at mywish - just like they do!

Btw, I make a mean pot roast - and that's about all.....

One Dish Waiting

Edited by - waiting on 1 October 2000 14:9:8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit