Book Study Inventory House Cleaning

by Ticker 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ticker
    Ticker

I remember often times the same book would be studied over again at the book study of the JW's and sometimes it would happen within a short period of its original consideration. They always gave the reason that their was necessary information for the times and thats why it was being read over again, but I read something last night that really made sence as to why they schedule certain books to be studied again. Not surprisingly it has little to do with any spiritual concern but rather it is all business, all dollars and cents for this publishing giant called the Watchtower Society. This information comes from Ray Franz and his ISOCF book page 533.

"On occasion, when their has been a large inventory backlog of a certain publication, though that book had earlier been studied by all congregations at the congregational "book study" groups, the headquarters has rescheduled that publication for use, knowing that the number of new persons that had begun associating in the interim would take much if not all of the inventory backlog. The need to clean out that backlog determined how hundreds of thousands of persons would spend numerous hours of study. What their spirtual needs actually indicated as appropriate was not the determining factor."

So much for caring for the spiritual needs of its followers, again money and inventory backlogs take more precident then people spirituality. It clearly is a business orientated publishing company. Now it all makes sence why they recomend everyone get a new study book each time even though they may still have their original one in good condition. They said it was for our benefit but clearly this is not so, it was so they sell their overstocked inventory, clear out all the extra books and fill the donation boxes with your money.

Ticker

• Farkel
    Farkel

As late as the 1960's, I remember the society stressing at the service meeting that we could (and should) buy copies of Studies in the Scriptures to help them clear out their inventory! This includes that wacko #3 volume which promoted the Great Pyramid as being God's word inscribed in stone.

Follow the money. This is a religious publishing Co$poration and nothing more.

Farkel

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    This is a religious publishing Co$poration and nothing more.

true as that may be, it is owned, run and operated by jehovah god so you should respect all of his decisions and even if that means he wants the inventory of the spiritual store-house cleaned out by studying a book twice in 2 years, then you'd better accept his decision. otherwise gehenna awaits, my friends

bethel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit