Question need advice

by pc 2 Replies latest jw friends

• pc
    pc

When my brother (who was just removed as an elder) comes over this weekend is there a way I could address the 607 date issue. My other brother will also be over and he left the JW's about 4 years,and knows about all the lies and nonsense of the Watchtower. He has read some of the books and knows the dates are wrong. For my brother still in ,I don't know if it would be something that would start him thinking or not. I would want to do it very sneakily so he doesn't get his back up. Any ideas, or is it just a waste of time???

As always thanks.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Go slow! You don't want to frighten him. Remember, it is scary to give up your life jacket when you don't know how to swim. Most JWs are not in the habit of thinking for themselves as that form of activity is discouraged by the GB.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Agreed. Feel him out, see if he's really up to a "maybe they're wrong" discussion. How to tell? good question! When you figure it out, let me know!

Good luck! When you're ready to do the 607 discussion, there were some good points and references in this recent thread, particularly the old thread pointed out by Farkel: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/100841/1.ashx

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit