Sunday service

by dothemath 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dothemath
    dothemath

It used to be quite common for people to go out in field service on Sundays after the meeting.........and even fairly regularly on some evenings.

In our hall, this has turned into a bit of a charade..........it's always announced there will be a meeting for service, etc. etc............but no one at all goes out........not even the brother taking the arrangement.

I don't think many spend their evenings doing this anymore either.

Is this what is happening in other congregations?

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i guess people are finally realizing that the brainwashing thing isnt working, so lets give up and go home and watch some football...

the infamous one

• vitty
    vitty

Every witness knows the time to catch most ppl in is evenings ! But because its inconvienient no one goes out. They would rather waste their time going on a saturday morning when everyone is in bed having a lie in or gone out shopping.

I was included in the midweek day time service that meant to every 6 to 10 doors no one was at home.

How ineffective can you be, considering the end of the world is comming soooooooon

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I can remember in my congregation the only time anyone went out in service on a Sunday was when the CO was visiting. It was pretty humorous to see them all clamouring to appear zealous those few times a year, and then fall back to nothing the very next Sunday.

• bythesea
    bythesea

Where I live they do still have participation in field service on Sundays and evening witnessing one night during the week. It isn't always a large group, sometimes during the week no one shows up, I hear, but its also just a seasonal thing, and with the time change this weekend I think the evening group will stop going out. On Sunday's the cong that meet at the KH in the afternoon don't ususally have many that go out.... When the evening group was meeting at my house a couple of years ago for FS weeks would go by and no one showed up....but at least I was getting my front room and bathroom cleaned well once a week!!

• carla
    carla

Where I live most people would NOT appreciate a knock on the door when the football game is on! Even if it's a bad year for the team.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Interestingly, in the hall I was in, field service was well supported. We had groups for service every weekday at 9 and 1. And on M and W evenings at 6:30. Also, Saturday groups at 9:30 and 1:00 and Sunday after the meeting too. All were well-supported. Our congregation had the 2nd highest number of Bible studies in our circuit. Yet we still got the "do more" talks. Usually for meeting attendance and working territory more frequently. It was never enough.
    tall penguin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit