i have two interesting magazines i'd like to leave with you...

by in a new york bethel minute 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

but did you notice that maybe 1% of the witnesses actually read the magazines? it really doesn't kick in does it? the fact that someone's eternal salvation can hinge on whether they accept the "interesting" magazines offered at their door... yet chances are, the ones offering it hadn't read them... now THAT'S interesting!

bethel

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I found very little compelling about them..Id scan any of the secular "filler" and as soon as it started to look riddled with scriptures skip to the end. I don't know many people that "come in the truth" because of the magazines. However, they serve to allow the person to develop a relationship with the witness through return visits, which is what I think hooks people in actuality.

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

Yup, me too!! I hadly ever read them, most of the articles were boring and full of useless shit which had nothing to do with someones "salvation"....I mean, an article on ice-cream, or a story from Namibia about the native birds??? I'd just focus on the front cover, and leave it up to the reader....

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

my fave part of the magazines is how they try to convince us that were getting an education... like i still get the were getting a university education out of this magazine... EXCEPT ITS THE SAME SHITE SPEWED OVER AND OVER AGAIN! they learn only what "jehovah" wants them to learn...a skewered point of view

the infamous one

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Heh, I can remember having the same spiel I used everytime I went in field service, and only changed it to say something about the headline. Such drivel... I think the householders even knew that *I* knew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit