Jesus' Real last words?

by bboyneko 2 5 Replies latest jw friends

• bboyneko 2
    bboyneko 2

I found some interesting stuff as to the last words of Jesus. It is widely accepted that the Gospels all used a lost refference book that contained only the sayings of Jesus. It is called the Gospel of Q I beleive. So it's cool that a direct exact quote in his own language was used. (from ym understanding Jesus spoke mainly aramaic right?)

Mark 15:34, Jesus utters his last words: ’eloi, ’eloi, lama sabachthani. It is, in fact, an attempt to quote in Hebrew the first line of Psalm 22. In fails, however, in two ways. First, ’eloi is neither good Hebrew nor Aramaic. Rather it is a conflation of ’eli (the correct form from Ps 22:1) and ’elohi, a second form to express "my God." Apparently, due to his closeness to death, Jesus was unable to remember the form found in the psalm. His failing memory is also shown by the last word, sabachthani, which is not Hebrew at all but rather Aramaic, his own vernacular. These linguistic irregularities provide strong evidence that we are dealing with the authentic words of a dying Jesus rather than the work of a latter scribe who would merely have to copy the form from an original to get it right. These are the authentic dying words of Jesus.

My last words will probably be: 'Yeah man bring it on, I can take all 50 of you girls at the same time I am the pleasure machine'

okay well, maybe thats how i'd like to go out
    -dan

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

The last words of Elvis;

"Corn? When did I eat corn?"

• Zep
    Zep

The first words of Adam to Eve

Stand back i don't know how big this thing gets

• Zep
    Zep

Last words of the major of Hiroshima:

Whad de FLUCK whad dat!

• Seven
    Seven

I thought Jesus' last words were

Look. I can see my house from here.
  • montag
    montag

The last (deathbed) words of the very last of the 'anointed remnant': "Shit! - Now what?"

montag

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit